What's new

Kava Preparation Nambawan and aluball dosage

kavagirl37

Kava Curious
Hi guys,

I just placed my first order of med grind, have been doing micro up to this point, plus I ordered the aluball. Wondering what would be a good dosage of nabawan to try at first using the aluball. Also should I get a 2nd aluball to make stronger shells?
And would the dosage be similar for nangol noble, which I also ordered.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
How much micro were you using to get the effects you were looking for ?

Dosing is different for everyone, so it's really something you'll have to find out on your own. But the Aluball limits the amount of powder you can use per mix, so maybe using that will help you find out what you need -- two tablespoons in the Aluball at a time, gauge how you feel...shake up two more etc...

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hi guys,

I just placed my first order of med grind, have been doing micro up to this point, plus I ordered the aluball. Wondering what would be a good dosage of nabawan to try at first using the aluball. Also should I get a 2nd aluball to make stronger shells?
And would the dosage be similar for nangol noble, which I also ordered.

Thanks

Nambawan is my fave kava, but you might wish to set it aside until you are more used to a variety of medium grinds. Nambawan is a very special wonderful kava, but also kind of daunting.

Yes, you should get a second AluBall and then later a third.

As fro Nambawan, Nambawan is very special in that it is great in an AluBall over a range of "doses" each one of which will give somewhat different but equally excellent results. IMO

This runs the gamut from 1 TBS in 1 AluBall to 500ml liquid to 2 TBS, 3, 4 5, and 6. You don't ever want to put more than 2 TBS in an AluBall, hence the third AluBall so that someday you can triple ball 6 TBS, 2 TB in each of three balls at the same time.

Oh, also, for super krunk 4 TBS in 2 balls in 350ml can make one heck of a krunk but do do do be careful. Again, I recommend waiting till you're sure you can handle, but even more appreciate, what a beautiful thing Namabawan can be like that. It will be something to look forward to, and believe me, it will be a treat.

In the meantime Nangol is OK but I would still recommend something more balanced and not as strong. But 2TBs of Nangol in 300ml water, do two washes and combine the two, should make a decent strong grog, great effects and excellent taste. I highly recommend that.

finally, you don't get the extra balls to make stronger shells, if you know technique you can make any strength even with one ball, you do it for greater options and efficiency, not strength.

kavagirl37

Kava Curious
The Nabawan is amazing!! Going to be more cost effective for me too because I use less than half the amount I was before. 1.5 tablespoons in 1 ball for a great krunk. I do want to get another ball but price has gone way up on amazon in Canada. Might make the splurge tho...

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
The Nabawan is amazing!! Going to be more cost effective for me too because I use less than half the amount I was before. 1.5 tablespoons in 1 ball for a great krunk. I do want to get another ball but price has gone way up on amazon in Canada. Might make the splurge tho...

Think of it as an investment....in your own peace of mind. At times such as this I often find myself saying, "get the aluball. You only live once."