What's new

Nausea with certain varieties medium grind

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
Anyone else? I like to drink kava over a period of many hours. I find that Venuatuan kava is least offensive to my stomach. Does anyone else find certain types of medium grind are more likely to cause you nausea? I have to be careful with Fijian or mix with something like KWK Borogu, Borongoru or Melo Melo, etc. to be less likely to need a Zofran later at night. I’m not sure why...

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Anyone else? I like to drink kava over a period of many hours. I find that Venuatuan kava is least offensive to my stomach. Does anyone else find certain types of medium grind are more likely to cause you nausea? I have to be careful with Fijian or mix with something like KWK Borogu, Borongoru or Melo Melo, etc. to be less likely to need a Zofran later at night. I’m not sure why...
For me It's Tongans in excess or Vanu anything in excess. Tongans are mostly euphoric with little body effects (guessing it's the chemotypes). Too much of these make me dizzy and sometimes nauseous.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
For me It's Tongans in excess or Vanu anything in excess. Tongans are mostly euphoric with little body effects (guessing it's the chemotypes). Too much of these make me dizzy and sometimes nauseous.
I definitely agree that the headier the kava, the more I have to watch myself because I’m looking for the heavy effect most of the time (or balanced).

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Any kava will make me nauseated if I consume enough but headier kava has always caused it more. Some people will say it's only heavy kava since DHM is blamed for most kava side effects but I've found that isn't really accurate. Heavy kava that contains more DHM slows down my drinking and rather than chasing the kavain every 20 minutes, I can relax and space my shells out more.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I've been getting it lately too. Fijians tend to cause nausea for me at times and i believe that could be due to processing methods. I notice many but not all fijian wakas taste weird and might have more double bonded lactones, pure speculation of course. Someone once told me that they often leave root peelings in the product while other regions don't. Hawaiian kava is by far the least hard on my stomach personally. I've had rough vanuatu and smooth Fijian too though.

Status
Not open for further replies.