What's new

Need a good weekday Kava

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
Any thoughts on a weekday kava that wont make me tired and super lazy the next day

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
What have you tried so far? I find pretty much anything except tudei kava to have no impact on my energy the next day.

CanAwa

Pk Fijian waka ..bkh melomelo and mood and mind premium Vanuatu the ladder two just made me lazy ..the first gave me brutal effectsfor days after ..mind you I was playing with dosage

Akava

Kava Enthusiast
Interesting because those kavas are not known for laziness on the day after drinking

infraredz

BULA!
Yeah like kavadude and akava said, those kavas shouldn't be giving you residual effects. You could try even high kavain strains like PK's "Hawaiian Grown AWA" which I found to be super-heady. Fu'u is a definitely another good choice but I think it's sold out.

Nambawan from BKH is also very heady in my experience but in a very different and much more subtle way than ones like Solomons (also very heady). Also, of course, it's my favorite so gotta always recommend it.

CanAwa

I saw some new company selling Fu'u on Amazon . South Pacific Gardens I think it's called . Just in case anybody cares ..

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
kavaboy.com's regular kava has the least residual effects of any kava I've ever tried. So much so, that I basically feel unaffected by it, by the end of the same night. If you wanna keep it nice but light like that...kava candy and the Kalm with Kava beverage would be in the same realm. They offer a nice, peaceful uplifting contentment, without bogging you down hard.

infraredz

BULA!
Also, of course, the new vendor here "Gourmet Hawaiian Kava" would be a good bet as all the Hawiian kava I've had (other than ISA) has been very heady. I'm sure he'd be glad to help you pick the right strain for you.

Also, shoot Andre an e-mail over at "Noble Kava" and he would be able to help you pick the right one as well seeing as his selection/knowledge is great.

CanAwa

Thanks redz ..I don't know whether maybe I'm just sensitive to it or what ..but I feel ultra lazy the day after ..I don't feel bad or anything just no energy ..really gotta drag my ass to get something done . That being said I don't feel anxiety and I sleep like rock ..it's just waking up that is wicked hard ..it does go away tho.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
I like Vanuatu3 by Rex in the weeknight evenings. It's has a light, almost red peppery flavour, that gives a nice, happy feeling after a mug full. You can sleep easy and wake refreshed as long as you keep it to a minimal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

infraredz

BULA!
@SirKavaLot

If that makes you happy after a mug full, wait till you have some kava that isn't 3/4 sawdust! The current batch of Van3 is notoriously weak so it will give you a much more mild effect, but for a better value you should go with a good kava and just use less to address that IMO.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
You could try even high kavain strains like PK's "Hawaiian Grown AWA" which I found to be super-heady.
@infraredz I know this has been asked a lot here already, but what do you mean by "Heady" from an experience standpoint?

It seems like you understand your own body really well and I would appreciate your description of a "Heady" effect. I'm still not understanding what that term means.

Thanks

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Heady describes a kava that produces more effects on your mind than on your body. Be it, euphoria, spaciness or just a gentle uplifting to your outlook and sense of well-being. On the other hand, Heavy kavas, can be felt more in your body & muscles and give you an all-around more slow & sedating experience. Balanced kavas do both. But I find most kava to fall closer to one side or the other. The more 'heady'/lighter kava's I've tried, almost always lack in the body/sedating side of the spectrum....and the heavier/body ones are typically somewhat lacking in that light, clean, whimsical contentment you get from the other.

infraredz

BULA!
@HeadHodge shakas got it right on.

Heady is how I describe kava that has a lot of cognitive, psychological and emotional effects (mental relaxation, sedation, motivation, empathy, mood uplift, etc) whereas heavy is how I describe kava that has the "heavy" feelings that relax your muscles, usually relieve some pain, and make your body feel very heavy as you sink into the couch. Even heavy kavas have lots of psychological effects, but a heady kava will have much less of this and generally be less sedating overall than heavy kava. Heavy kava still caries the same euphoric uplift in energy and mood, but then quickly fades to a kava that makes you feel like you are sinking into the couch along with the (usually) heavy sedation.

Like shakas said, no kava (IME) has every been just one or the other; they are a blend of the two but I use those words to describe the most dominant effect I feel the kava gives.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
Makes sense Infraredz. I never got to try the previous batch of Van3 so I guess I was fooled by marketing. It did seem a bit weak, now I know why. Do you have a couple of fav.'s your willing to share. I'm always looking to try something new. I tried all of PK's and some of BKH's. I wish I could get some of Nakamal@Home but for some reason they won't ship to Canada.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

infraredz

BULA!
Nambawan is my favorite, by far. Namabwan and Boroguru is one of my favorite mixes. Melo Melo is also definitely worth checking out, and is one of my favorites.