What's new

NEED HELP

Jordan9

So I am completely new to kava and I have no idea how to use it. I bought 50g of moi instant from Hawaii gourmet and I do not know how to prepare it at all. How much kava do I put in? How much water? Do I drink it all at once or take sips? How long will 50g of kava last me

D

Deleted User01

Ok, I used to do a bunch of instant back in the day. My favorite was instant, Ginger Ale, and Lime. But in order to keep my girlish figure, I would sometimes do Club Soda, Lime and Instant. So take any old glass or mug. Put some liquid in there. Dump a heaping a spoon of Instant in there. Now stir it up good. Now add ice, the rest of the liquid, lime, etc. Now put a spoon in it because you need to stir it before every sip/gulp. Now go out to the patio and sip and stir while you listen to the birds sing. If not, perhaps sipping by a roaring fire with your favorite book. Either way, you should slowly sink into a relaxed bliss.

PS. You might end up putting 2 spoons of kava later but you start with 1 for starters and adjust to taste. Also, though it is instant, it is still a starch and the powder always sinks to the bottom and thus the spoon.

Good Luck!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Ok, I used to do a bunch of instant back in the day. My favorite was instant, Ginger Ale, and Lime. But in order to keep my girlish figure, I would sometimes do Club Soda, Lime and Instant. So take any old glass or mug. Put some liquid in there. Dump a heaping a spoon of Instant in there. Now stir it up good. Now add ice, the rest of the liquid, lime, etc. Now put a spoon in it because you need to stir it before every sip/gulp. Now go out to the patio and sip and stir while you listen to the birds sing. If not, perhaps sipping by a roaring fire with your favorite book. Either way, you should slowly sink into a relaxed bliss.

PS. You might end up putting 2 spoons of kava later but you start with 1 for starters and adjust to taste. Also, though it is instant, it is still a starch and the powder always sinks to the bottom and thus the spoon.

Good Luck!
You can't argue with the above but a heaped teaspoon full in 6 to 8 Oz of water would do the trick fine too. Try adding a splash of full fat milk for a twist. Repeat after 30 to 45 mins a couple of times until you feel good. Be careful when you start feeling good because adding more when you're feeling good already will probably just push you into nausea.

Another option, which I like better sometimes, is to put a heaped tablespoon into 8 Oz of water, chug it quick and ride the wave. You'll need to repeat less....

Drink it quick, sipping is for margaritas or gin and tonics, kava is for chugging quick.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Hi @Jordan9. Didn't realize you'd already purchased the Moi instant! I would have explained in our chat how to prep it. Hope you enjoyed it after Edward and Deleted User01's very thorough replies!
And welcome to the Forums!