What's new

Need Pain Relieving Kava

Kava_Lavar

Kava Curious
I need some kava strain recommendations to relieve lower back and muscle tightness. I need one that won't sedate too much as I need to be taking it while at work and need to be able to function. I would prefer micronized so I can dose at work.

Opiates made me tired but I was able to function. I cannot go back to taking these evil pills. It has been more than a year now that I have been off of them but I really need an alternative. I would like to think that there is a certain strain of Kava to ease my pain.

I do enjoy the heady effects of Kava and they help me deal with the pain but need one that can relax the body. I have only had Borogu, Fu'u, Nambawan, Waka medium grinds and Mo'i micronized.

Thank you for any help

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Try boronguru (note the middle n). That's well balanced, not too heady but relaxes the muscles nicely too.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
You'd do best with a blend...
Ask @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava for a recomendation of a mix ... maybe if you email him or message him about your story he can send you a bit of his new pain relief blend hes been working on for people like you? Maybe idk for sure ;)
But I assume if you mix say. Hanakapi, nene, and some moi... or mahakea you could get a nice analgesic and uppy mix going :) or just ask Chris what he mixed for his blend

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
It's kinda like asking for a coffee that doesn't stimulate you, or a red bull that doesn't give you wings...
The kavas that offer the most pain relief are inherently the most sedating and nauseating as well.
Just about every kava you mentioned trying already, were super heady ones with the least body effect,
you aren't likely going to find any kava that offers both the lightness of those ones combined
with the pain relief of the heavier ones. Try nakamal @ home's WOW!, it's typically a 245xxx chemotype
noble/medicinal Boroguru...that's about the best compromise you can make before getting into Tudei territory.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
boroguru is headier, boronguru is slightly heady but with quite a lot of heaviness too it. (for me, in my experience)

S

Summer

Ok, interesting. I have felt pretty good muscle relaxing with the boroguru even into the next day. I will need to try the boronguru.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I'd say Boroguru is typically regarded as being heavier* and more sedating...BoroNgoro is heady but with some extra dreaminess and a bit of heaviness thrown in, compared to full blown heady kavas.
Heavy kavas can also be strongly heady, but they have an unmistakable sedation and body load all their own.

Kava_Lavar

Kava Curious
Thank you so much for all your responses. What a great, helpful community this is!

@Mrbinx69 May have to reach out to Chris for a special blend.. Never even thought of that!

@Edward @shakas Thanks for the recommendations. I will have to give those a try.

Mr. Kava

Kava Enthusiast
+1 for Kalm Borongoru.

I had lower back pain before sessioning this Kava. I had 3-4 hrs of pain relief after drinking 3-4 shells.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I hate to say it, but if you're looking for muscle pain relief you should really look into cannabis. It's so great for pain. Kava is much more manageable and less intense, but cannabis is just so good for real muscle pain.. I speak from experience.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I agree with @Kavasseur
I personally make cannabis tincture using pure ever clear and a double boiler.
It works way better than smoking and is very inconspicuous and you won't be stupid from it like smoking

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
boroguru is headier, boronguru is slightly heady but with quite a lot of heaviness too it. (for me, in my experience)
Of course I was talking rubbish but fortunately shakas set things straight for us. I was thinking of borogu which is headier than boronguru.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Lateral root anything would probably work.

GHK is out out stock right now so 12 year seems to be the hot ticket right now.