What's new

Need Pain Relieving Kava

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Good luck with your back pain. I had L5S1 fusion surgery a few years ago, so I can empathize. The heady effects help with the depression associated with the pain. Don't discredit methysticin(6) as a muscle relaxing/pain reliever. DHK and DHM are mostly known as the pain relievers, but methysticin does a good job for me without heavy nausea. I feel like the loa waka is a solid well rounded root that takes the edge off of my pain without couch-locking me. If I push it further, it most certainly has the power to stick me to the couch. Good luck! Persistent/chronic pain really can drag you down.

Jerome

Kava Lover
I've been getting great analgesic affects from the hanakapi ai. Really been good for body pain and headaches from muscle tension. Hasn't been too sedating for me.

Kava_Lavar

Kava Curious
Thank you all for your contributions to this thread. Will take me a while to try all these recommendations. Will report back when I find the one that works for me.

Kava_Lavar

Kava Curious
@I don't know

Unbelievably, shortly after posting this thread my pains have been pretty non-existent. I have no idea why this would be after struggling with pain for most of my adult life ( I am 45 yrs old ).

Maybe it's because I am a daily Kava drinker and the components that help with muscles/pain have built up due to daily drinking. I say this because I have NOT changed my lifestyle at all so I don't know what to attribute this to.

Been using KWK Loa Waka exclusively for the past few weeks. For me this strain has everything I need in a good Kava. Especially if it is helping with my muscles/pain.

I don't know

Kava Enthusiast
Thank you for your reply. I have been wanting to try that one as well. There are so many to try. Boroguru helps me a lot, but I need one that won't make me so couch ready. I'm glad your pain has gotten better. Kava has been helping me a lot too. I love it.