What's new

nene got me again :(

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
i can varify I am allergic to the nene cultivar. It's been over three weeks since I have tried it and my allergy symptoms were no worse than usual. Because of this I tried nene again last night and BAM, I have copious amount of snot, a kava caugh, itchy runny eyes, etc. It amazes me how the other cultivars will take over a weeks daily use to do this to me and then only mildly. Pick up nene and on the next day it's like I was huffing ragweed.

So the moral of the story? Don't give up on kava too soon try another cultivar. It seems that the centuries of propagation changed this plant in more ways than we can know at this time. I almost gave up on kava because of my allergy to nene, but the moi and mahakea showed me the way! I am sure there will be others ones that effect me in similar ways, but I know where I can come home too.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I am sorry to hear that the Nene is not working out for you but I am happy that the Moi and Mahakea is. Thanks for posting this. I have a friend that breaks out into a rash with any kava, he loves kava but can't drink any because he is allergic to it. The funny thing is that he used to have the biggest kava farm in Hawaii. Aloha nui loa.

Chris

Geiourht

Kava Curious
Wow thats interesting. I see you also replied in my other thread where I had complaints of nene.

Well I had the same idea of trying different strains and I just now took my first wash of kaolik so we'll see how I go with that one.

I recall with my beloved krat it took me maybe over ten goes with different strains to find out how to make it work for me. I would get anxiety spikes with every strain until I found just one that worked.

I like the term that ethnobotanical enthusiasts use of 'working with' a new material. It has definitely been my experience that it requires some careful experimentation to find out whether thereuapeutic benefits lie in a substance.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Thanks for responding Chris, it's nothing personal or anything against your awesome product. Believe me I am a returning customer. It is interesting how it's this one that gets me. So for me there is something different with this one that the others have in a more limited amount. Who knows!

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

It never ceases to amaze how one kava does one thing to one guy and something totally different to another. I take a lot of Nene with no problems. I just read a post where someone is getting a lump in their throat with Kaolik. That could also be an allergy. Very happy to hear that you can do another kavas with no problems.:D

Geiourht

Kava Curious
That would be me :p.

Kaolik is my least favorite I've tried in terms of effects. far too heady for me. I was actually sweating for quite a bit of the day form what felt like adrenal stimulation and my erections were stronger which indicates adrenaline similar to the effect of yohimbe. I really like the body/sedating stuff nene felt great minus the side effect. tho my test was not in vein since this one i noticed didn't give me the phlegmyness that nene did. So it indicates not all kavas will do that,

the chemotype chart on true kava is excellent showing all the different strain chemotypes in one handy table.

I want to try malekula magic next as it looks to be even more sedating than nene from the chemotype.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
That would be me :p.

Kaolik is my least favorite ive tried in terms of effects. far too heady for me. I was actually sweating for quite a bit of the day form what felt like adrenal stimulation and my erections were stronger which indicates adrenaline similar to the effect of yohimbe. I really like the body/sedating stuff nene felt great minus the side effect. tho my test was not in vein since this one i noticed didnt give me the phlegmyness tht nene did. So it indicates not all kavas will do that,

the chemotype chart on true kava is excellent showing all the different strain chemotypes in one handy table.

I want to try malekula magic next as it looks to be even more sedating than nene from the chemotype.
... Hummmmmm