What's new

New and have a question

• Thread starter Deleted member 2094
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2094

Hey all! Im new to the forum and Kava. I am a little overwhelmed by the information and all of the vendors and hoping for some help. First off, I am looking for a kava that is more "heady" I guess. I dont want to be tired or feel like my bones have turned into rubber, ya know? ;) I read on one of the posts that someone told another member to try GHK Mahakea. Is that a good beginner brand/type to try? Also do I go with Instant, med grind, micronized? Keep in mind that I am a newbie and really really stink at "DIY" projects and the like LOL. Prep ideas would be awesome too!!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi, Catherine! Welcome to kavaforums. Mahakea instant would be a great starter kava.

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the Kava Forums! ::awesomesmiles:: I hope all your Kava Dreams come true. :D For true Headiness, Mo'i is the way to go. You really should buy a sampler and check them all out and decide for yourself. All three; Mo'i, Nene, and Mahakea are very different in my opinion and they all meet specific needs. Oh, and I like them all.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I would def go with a sample pack. Instant is awesome if you got the liquid assets. Heady I would go with GHK moi or KWK Fiji Loa. Mind you Fiji Loa is not available in instant. Be aware some have to use kava for a week or more to get the full effects. I didn't have this personally, but kava is a fickle mistress and will play cat and mouse with you some times. My wifu has never felt the heady effects, but she does get the body effects and some umm other bonuses (see my other post to further investigate) your mileage will vary.

D

Deleted member 2094

ok so I just ordered a bag of Instant Moi. Im a bit nervous about the bad taste I have read about. Any suggestions or tips for making my first "batch" of instant Kava :) Thanks everyone!

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Instant will not be as bad. I mix mine with true lime from Walmart. The citric acid seems to blunt some of the yuk. Not all. Drink on an empty stomach, but if you start feeling ill eat something oily or spicy.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I have been using V8 Splash orange pineapple to make my grog since my girlfriend hates the taste. I can drink kava straight no problem but I have to admit the Splash does make it easy to drink.

D

Deleted member 2094

Instant will not be as bad. I mix mine with true lime from Walmart. The citric acid seems to blunt some of the yuk. Not all. Drink on an empty stomach, but if you start feeling ill eat something oily or spicy.
Thanks for the great tips! Hopefully it wont make me feel sick :/ Ive read blogs and articles that people say they get sick but, in just a few days ive learned alot from this forum so i'm fairly certain they are either preparing it wrong or getting 2 day kava ;)

verticity

I'm interested in things
The crazy jungle juice that can fresh us and make me addicted and they make us mix singular and plural personal pronouns.

My recommendation for a "heady" kava is Pouni Ono from Kalm with Kava. Mahakea (or at least the current batch of it) it actually quite heavy. Also Nambawan from Bula Kava House is very heady. And of course Mo'i which other folks have mentioned.

D

Deleted member 2094

The crazy jungle juice that can fresh us and make me addicted and they make us mix singular and plural personal pronouns.

My recommendation for a "heady" kava is Pouni Ono from Kalm with Kava. Mahakea (or at least the current batch of it) it actually quite heavy. Also Nambawan from Bula Kava House is very heady. And of course Mo'i which other folks have mentioned.
I ended up ordering instant Moi but im shopping for more :) Im so overwhelmed, I dont know where to start! I would like to try traditional but, I also would like to have something that I can take with me on the go.
BKHs solomn gets great "heady" reviews but so does their Nangol....decisions,decisions,decisions :/

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I ended up ordering instant Moi but im shopping for more :) Im so overwhelmed, I dont know where to start! I would like to try traditional but, I also would like to have something that I can take with me on the go.
BKHs solomn gets great "heady" reviews but so does their Nangol....decisions,decisions,decisions :/
Welcome.

Are you using our new Kava Review Filter to help you find your kava? If not and you don't know where it's at it's at http://kavaforums.com/forum/pages/ReviewFilter/