What's new

New daily approach?

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
I've had a back-and-forth with Kava, but after some time I have finally settled on a couple of consistent varieties that work for me, to lift mood and melt anxiety.
One hangup I've had with Kava, in general, is the feeling of having to time usage around meals. I eat lunch early-ish (10:30 / 11am) and start my Kava session around 4:30 or 5, trying to get in a few shells before dinner. Because once I have dinner, I've always had this mindset of "Kava time is over".

A couple nights ago, I did the above (few shells before dinner), had dinner, and later that night, a few hours after eating, I started a SECOND session.
I wasn't expecting much, but was hoping for a relaxing way to unwind and enjoy a movie with my wife.

Turned out to be a wonderful experience.

The biggest downside to this that I can think of is COST. (I've taken to wringing out as much a I can. Even saving the root material after a 3rd wash in a Ziploc freezer bag.) Any other downside I should be aware of?

I posted a while back about mild-ish dermo. I got off Kava for a while (Dr. scare - mentioned previously) but since getting back on Kava, and trying these other types I overlooked, I've only had mild dry hands, without even taking coconut oil. (When I was taking Kava Supreme daily, with coconut oil, I still had some pretty rough hands.)