What's new

New Kava User

TDog

Just started my journey with Kava.

Very stressful life with work and family and looking for ways to reduce stress.

First time I used Kava (low dosage) I felt a numbing sensation and felt very relaxed.

2nd time, not as much although dosage was higher. I don't think I kneaded it as well which could explain the issue.

I will be continuing to use Kava as it does help me think clearer.

Glad I can come to this forum for advice. Didn't even think of using pantyhose for kneading....will try that technique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Hey welcome to the forums :) you'll find kava definitley calms the mind and increases family relationships. :)
I enjoy your name T dawg lol it gave me a giggle.

You could get some micro if you don't want to worry about kneading!
Also paint strainer work really well. They let some particles through but I've been using them for about a year now and love it :) .
Or order from cactus kava and you get a free Fijian strainer that works amazing and doesn't let any grit through

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Just started my journey with Kava.

Very stressful life with work and family and looking for ways to reduce stress.

First time I used Kava (low dosage) I felt a numbing sensation and felt very relaxed.

2nd time, not as much although dosage was higher. I don't think I kneaded it as well which could explain the issue.

I will be continuing to use Kava as it does help me think clearer.

Glad I can come to this forum for advice. Didn't even think of using pantyhose for kneading....will try that technique.

Hello! Welcome to the friendliest place on the internet :)

TDog

Lancaster, PA myself.

Any good Kava bars down there in VA?

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Keep on drinking Kava, it can take time to "sing" to you and get you on the bus. But once you get it, it can really be a blessing. Bula!

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
When I first try a new strain it hits me really hard. The first time I tried Pouni Ono I was up til 4 am. After that it seems like it doesn't work as well. Then after I've been drinking it for awhile, I start feeling the effects more again. You may be experiencing the same type of thing. I use micro so I know it has nothing to do with kneading. Stick with it and experiment to find what works for you.