What's new

Vendor News New Product Alert: Nakamal Nights Traditional Grind Kava Blend

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Check out our new product: Nakamal Nights Traditional Grind Blend: https://kavasociety.nz/shop/nakamal-nights-traditional-grind-kava

It's a smooth blend of heavy character, made in the Vanuatu kava bar (nakamal) style using only freshly harvested basal roots of the kava plant. Pleasant botanical aromas, easy-drinking, and authentically fresh. Specially blended for those seeking a soothing, peaceful nigh-time kava without mental stimulation.

In Vanuatu, nakamals/modern kava bars use the thick basal part of the kava rootstock for their nightly drinks. They choose this part because it's easier to peel and wash than thinner lateral roots, and it stays fresh and moist longer. This is important since nakamals rarely use roots harvested on the same day. The basal roots are smoother and have a more pleasant flavour, particularly when mixed thickly as is customary in Vanuatu, aligning well with the relaxed, early evening ambiance of these kava bars.

All the plants used in preparation of this blend were super carefully washed, peeled and expertly dried within literally hours of arriving through the factory door. The use of basal roots, the commitment to processing it fresh, combined with latest improvements to drying techniques results in kava that honestly is pretty damn close to drinking fresh green in a nakamal. The aroma, the taste and even the mouthfeel are probably closest to nakamal kava you've ever experienced with dry powder.

Last edited:

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Anyone tried this one? I love lawena but wasn’t a fan of tanaloa from Fiji vanua which is a basal Vanuatu if I remember right

Last edited:

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Ok review coming this weekend. First impression is it’s definitely a lawena character, but a little heavier, body focused, and way stronger. I’m impressed by how little background stimulation this kava has, because for me even heavy kavas have the potential to feel stimulating. They’ve got an unquestionably unique product here!

Lenticels

AluNaw
I have some on the way I’ll post a review hopefully this week
Please let everyone know what you think of this all-laterals blend:

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I’m intrigued to try new varieties but this sounds like it might not be my type of kava. For example, palarasul is way too heady for me.