What's new

New to forum, still fairly new to kava

Dust

Kava Curious
Hello everyone! I just wanted to make an initial post to introduce myself, give some background, get some feedback and so on!
Anyways I am 21 years old. I would consider myself still pretty new to kava. My first experience was with Root of Happiness's Instant Kava (they only offer one kind). I was not totally disappointed but not sold on kava by it either. I am actually still not sold on kava in general I have yet to have a solid experience but anyways, I enjoyed the taste of that instant kava and noticed some pretty mild relaxation not so much mentally but definitely physically far less tense. This is not a product I would really care to buy again though. What I really want out of kava is just something to sip at night to unwind and hopefuly turn some other people on to it and drink it socially. BUT as I said I have yet to have a solid experience. Part of my problem is certainly I have yet to have traditional kava made the traditional way I intend to do this as soon as I have the funds and what not. So I'd like some pointers there; where could I best find a quality kava (maybe even a variety/sampler pack of some sort) that is at a good price point. I actually enjoyed the taste of the instant kava I tried so I'm not concerned with anything being to strong I can drink about anything really without feeling like I'm having to choke it down. Otherwise, I have just tried kava extracts (the Co2 70% kavlacatone from Root of Hap and some capsules from a headshop so bare that in mind) I will say I was real unimpressed with the one from ROH it was certainly kava smelling and tasting and numbing to my mouth but made me feel kind of sick (not nauseous but just gross and out of it) and lethargic without any good feelings to report whatsoever. Honestly the kava extract capsules which are some random things from a smoke shop made me feel pretty good in smaller dosages (nothing too profound but pretty chill) without any negative side effects.
Sorry this post was a little all over I just wanted to make an initial one, hear back from so people and what not. Look forward to communicating with you all and learning about kava and all it has to offer.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
You're right that the issue is the kava you're using... get some med grind and go trad prep. Lots of people find blending fine too. All of the major vendors do a sample pack... I would recommend GHK or KWK if you're in the US. If not then KWK ship internationally.

Dust

Kava Curious
You're right that the issue is the kava you're using... get some med grind and go trad prep. Lots of people find blending fine too. All of the major vendors do a sample pack... I would recommend GHK or KWK if you're in the US. If not then KWK ship internationally.
Thanks I will certainly check both those vendors out. I had went straight for concentrates thinking I would get pretty pronounced effects but after reading here and elsewhere I've realized those extracts can miss key components of what makes kava enjoyable

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Thanks I will certainly check both those vendors out. I had went straight for concentrates thinking I would get pretty pronounced effects but after reading here and elsewhere I've realized those extracts can miss key components of what makes kava enjoyable
The process of preparing it is part of it for most people. Also you have so much more variety of effects with root. It's more natural too.

Kava Wolf

Prowling for Kava
Hello everyone! I just wanted to make an initial post to introduce myself, give some background, get some feedback and so on!
Anyways I am 21 years old. I would consider myself still pretty new to kava. My first experience was with Root of Happiness's Instant Kava (they only offer one kind). I was not totally disappointed but not sold on kava by it either. I am actually still not sold on kava in general I have yet to have a solid experience but anyways, I enjoyed the taste of that instant kava and noticed some pretty mild relaxation not so much mentally but definitely physically far less tense. This is not a product I would really care to buy again though. What I really want out of kava is just something to sip at night to unwind and hopefuly turn some other people on to it and drink it socially. BUT as I said I have yet to have a solid experience. Part of my problem is certainly I have yet to have traditional kava made the traditional way I intend to do this as soon as I have the funds and what not. So I'd like some pointers there; where could I best find a quality kava (maybe even a variety/sampler pack of some sort) that is at a good price point. I actually enjoyed the taste of the instant kava I tried so I'm not concerned with anything being to strong I can drink about anything really without feeling like I'm having to choke it down. Otherwise, I have just tried kava extracts (the Co2 70% kavlacatone from Root of Hap and some capsules from a headshop so bare that in mind) I will say I was real unimpressed with the one from ROH it was certainly kava smelling and tasting and numbing to my mouth but made me feel kind of sick (not nauseous but just gross and out of it) and lethargic without any good feelings to report whatsoever. Honestly the kava extract capsules which are some random things from a smoke shop made me feel pretty good in smaller dosages (nothing too profound but pretty chill) without any negative side effects.
Sorry this post was a little all over I just wanted to make an initial one, hear back from so people and what not. Look forward to communicating with you all and learning about kava and all it has to offer.
Welcome, Dust...I agree with Edwards advice. You might also try using the AluBall for preparing your Kava. I would stick with the vendors you see here in the forum. You really can't go wrong with most of what they provide. Stick with it and you will definitely feel the benefits.

Hi Edward,

Apologies if you have been asked this a thousand times. But who would you suggest I speak to, to obtain Kava in the UK?
I am aware of all the difficulties of obtaining Kava in the UK.
Kind regards

Jason.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hi Edward,

Apologies if you have been asked this a thousand times. But who would you suggest I speak to, to obtain Kava in the UK?
I am aware of all the difficulties of obtaining Kava in the UK.
Kind regards

Jason.
There is a thread here... vendors who ship to the uk. Of particular note are global kava Exports aka kava Europe. They'll help you out if you have an anxious pet who could benefit from Kava. Most other vendors ship to the uk and for those that don't there are shipping companies that can help.