What's new

New to Kava...is pain in stomach area normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

payers24

I am not entirely new to Kava. I tried Kava capsules in the past. It really works for my anxiety...but after a week or so I get pain in my lower right abdomen in the groin area. I also get a pain just below my ribcage on the right side. I thought I would try the root powder this time. Great effects but same problem after a while. Has anyone else had this problem. I am thinking I may just have to give up using Kava unless others can confirm this goes away.

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the forum @payers24! ::awesomesmiles:: That is a very worrisome side effect because you get it with both capsules and powder. I would stop taking kava. There is a chance that your body doesn't like it and is responding with an unusual allergic reaction. That kind of pain could be a forewarning of appendicitis or it could just be irritating your intestinal track. Do you notice more gas than normal? So stop kava and start paying attention to other things that might cause the pain. If you see a traditional doctor, he will immediately blame kava but perhaps you tell him that the pain comes and goes and let him do an open minded examination and with blood tests. And please come back and post if you find the problem. The Kava may be aggravating an existing condition and you need to be on full alert.

Disclaimer. Deleted User01 is not a licensed Doctor. He only plays one on the Kava Forums.

Kavo

Curandero
Wise words from @Deleted User01 ^^^^^^^^. If in doubt,use the elimination process.
Sounds very much like appendix to me,maybe liver or kidney so make sure the Doc does a Liver Function test and full blood analysis.
Can you expand on the source of the Kava?
Is it noble certified?
Either way I'd stop and do exactly what Deleted User01 said.
No concomittent Alcohol or GABA'ergic use i.e. Sedatives?
Have you looked into Adrenal burnout?
I don't know how stressed you are and for how long but it can go hand-in-hand with Anxiety.
Being the weekend (no GP maybe til Monday?) stay hydrated too but make sure you are getting enough salts along with the H2O! Not NaCl(table salt). Get some type of organic,ethically harvested sea salt like Himalayan,Celtic etc. that has a broad spectrum of minerals, as if it's a kidney thing then you want to cleanse and nourish the cells. You will know pretty much by the smell and colour of urine/feaces as to how all these organs are functioning.
Definitely get back to us on this and take care.

payers24

Thanks for your replies.

The original Kava capsules I used were from HBC Protocols. They are well known for their St John's Wort, but I am not sure if their Kava Product is of high standards.

I ordered the Root Powder off of Amazon. It was called Kava Waka Powder.

I do get a ton of gas drinking Kava plus I get acid reflux.

I was worried it was my liver when I used the capsules a few years ago...but I ordered my own liver test online (you can do this in the US.) and everything was normal.

I did take the Kava capsules a few times before I got the root powder last week. Maybe I will give a few week break and try the root powder without have taken capsules in recent days.

Thanks for your responses

verticity

I'm interested in things
I have experienced gas pains from micronized kava, and kava that is not sufficiently filtered, due to the coarse particles. You could try straining with doubled up nylon stockings, or getting a fine mesh nut milk bak; that may help the gassiness. Of course if it is persistent after a kava session, see your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.