What's new

New to kava

Jimmyt951

Hello everyone im new to this forum and new to kava.
Ive tried liquid kava extract from Root of Hapiness for my first interaction with kava.
I then got some samples of medium grind and a sample of micro. The micro seemed to work decently, i used 1 tbsp to 4 oz of water and chugged.
The medium grind i made a batch yesterday using 3 tbsp and 1 cup water + 1 cup almond milk. Ive been taking about 3-4 oz drinks at a time from it.
Drining only about 12 oz today throught the day. Im not sure if thats a sizeable dose compared to what i read in the beginners guid posted in this forum.

Im consuming kava for its anti anxiety benefits as I at times have a very extreme GAD and as of recently a mild case of GAD.
What would be a great day time kava for some energy and mood lift. Something also budget friendly.

I appreciate any help and feedback. Communities like this kava community and K@ community are amazing and there are so many helpful people.

• Thanks in advanced, JimmyT951

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and relatively new to kava as well!

@Jimmyt951 I recommend Mo'i from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava as a good daytime kava. It has a good mood lift and positive, calm energy without being sedating. I drink kava mostly for recreation/relaxation though so if you're trying Moi for anxiety, go easy on it since some people seem to find the heady rush a bit anxiety-inducing if it's too strong.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
@Jimmyt951 As @Mo'iety said, sometimes heady kavas can induce anxiety if over-imbibed. Mo'i is not the worst you can do, but you may want to aim for a balanced kava like Mahakea or Borogu. Heavy kavas at smaller quantities can give you a nice heady feeling to ease your mind, but avoid drinking a lot of heavy kava if you don't want to go to sleep too early. Conversely, if your GAD is keeping you up at night, a heavy kava is perfect!

Jimmyt951

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and relatively new to kava as well!

@Jimmyt951 I recommend Mo'i from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava as a good daytime kava. It has a good mood lift and positive, calm energy without being sedating. I drink kava mostly for recreation/relaxation though so if you're trying Moi for anxiety, go easy on it since some people seem to find the heady rush a bit anxiety-inducing if it's too strong.
Awesome I'll have to give it a shot.
I just ordered some tikaram Tonga and dua na bilo premium waka. I'll see how those are for me.

Jimmyt951

Also @Mo'iety I learned adding Stevia and cinnamon masks the taste very well. If you don't like the flavor try that out. I only used Stevia because I'm on the keto diet.