What's new

New to kava

Rufioo0

Hey everybody, decided to join this forum to see if anybody has any experience with the King Kava powder? They sell it here locally and I had some questions I hope someone can answer! Comes in a nice hemp like bag and says you can just toss it in water and enjoy! Has anybody done this before? I'm wondering if it wont be as effective if done this way. On the bag it says because of the way its made you can toss it in basically any drink you want and consume. I've done some searching and can't find too much information on this product. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Welcome aboard, Rufio!

I seem to recall a long time ago some members ordered some of that stuff and were not impressed. It's basically very finely ground kava which, while drinking it straight up is an effective way of consuming it, I don't think anyone was too happy with the potency of that product in particular, and doing that can cause digestive upset. Give it a try though, can't hurt.

edit: Here is the thread. Some liked it, some didn't. http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/kava-king-review.1722/

In the future I would really recommend trying it the traditional way. Get yourself some powdered kava and a strainer bag from one of the many wonderful vendors on this forum.

Rufioo0

Welcome aboard, Rufio!

I seem to recall a long time ago some members ordered some of that stuff and were not impressed. It's basically very finely ground kava which, while drinking it straight up is an effective way of consuming it, I don't think anyone was too happy with the potency of that product in particular, and doing that can cause digestive upset. Give it a try though, can't hurt.

edit: Here is the thread. Some liked it, some didn't. http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/kava-king-review.1722/

In the future I would really recommend trying it the traditional way. Get yourself some powdered kava and a strainer bag from one of the many wonderful vendors on this forum.
Thanks for the quick response! I'm guessing because of the low potency you would have to drink quite a lot of it for it to be effective? Or would it just peak and make you somewhat sick?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Honestly have no idea as I've never tried it. I know with Gourmet Hawaiian Kava's micronized which is the only kind I can stomach, two tablespoons is plenty.

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the Forum. I know nothing about Kava King but I'm sure someone does. GHK does sell a Micronized Kava that goes thru some extra steps to rupture the cell walls of the Kava and release Kavalactones as well as strip all excess fiber. It is posted somewhere around here.