What's new

New Vanuatu Kava, Kadavu and other news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
Bula guys

We have a new kava available and this time we have ventured outside of Fiji to bring you a unique vanuatu kava offering. We named it Ambae's Kava because its from the island of Ambae in Vanuatu. Its a mixture of melomelo and borugu cultivars and we have made it into a secret blend of chips to roots which we think will help it stand out from competition. Its available only in medium grind and we have them in 8 Oz and 16 Oz packs.

We also just published a blog post if you want to take a read. It talks about how commercial scale farming is done and this is from what i personally experienced at our Gourmet Savusavu Waka farmers plantation. He has the largest kava plantation in Fiji. https://www.kavatime.us/blogs/kava-...i-an-insight-to-fijis-largest-kava-plantation

I also want to let you know that all FDA problems have been sorted out. Our restock inventory has arrived at the fulfillment center and we have opened it up for pre-orders. By Monday EST everything will be logged into the fulfillment system and we should be ready to ship on the weekend orders. PS: we have about 18 x 8 Oz kadavu left of the old batch which has been sent to the fulfillment center. If you have been a fan of the last batch please order it before it runs out.

Regards
Neil

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Given that that Kadavu Waka blend is available and I just ordered some, I am finishing off my current jar of Kadavu waka. Man, that stuff is so great! I've just never had anything quite like it!!! So potent, but not agitating. Before he announced a re-stock, I was gonna ask if anyone was selling anything similar. KF's Kava Supreme seems very different, as does KV's "Waka." I was kinda thinking KWK's Vula Waka at a very high dose (12 tbs) might bear some similarity. I haven't tried a lot of heavy cultivars/blends. I kinda think lower dihydromethysticin and lower yangonin MIGHT be responsible for some of that uniquness, but, man, that stuff sure is SOMETHING!!! This is definitely one of my favorite kavas from one of my favorite vendors!

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I kinda think lower dihydromethysticin and lower yangonin MIGHT be responsible for some of that uniquness, but, man, that stuff sure is SOMETHING!!!
This actually has more DHM than most Fijians. I was thinking it's effect profile was more because of the higher DHM and the lower desmethoxyangonin and yangonin. Either way it's one of the higher quality products out there. Hope we can get more like it from this farmer!

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
This actually has more DHM than most Fijians. I was thinking it's effect profile was more because of the higher DHM and the lower desmethoxyangonin and yangonin. Either way it's one of the higher quality products out there. Hope we can get more like it from this farmer!
yeah; its too bad the batch was too small to get an updated chemotype.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
G I am finishing off my current jar of Kadavu waka. Man, that stuff is so great! I've just never had anything quite like it!!! So potent, but not agitating.
I find I can say that about anything and everything I ever bought from KT. What their kavas all have in common is incredibly high quality and the best and freshest taste.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I just re-read what you wrote. Yeah; that's interesting. Full disclosure: I am pretty sure that when I said "lower" DHM, I was comparing it in my head to KF's Kava Supreme. That stuff is heavy, and I like it (especially for blending), but it can make me feel a bit agitated at times. I seem to be able to feel agitated both from heavy and heady kavas. So I was guessing that maybe the Kadavu was hitting a sweet spot where the DHM wasn't overwhelming and the Yangonin wasn't causing agitation. I probably need to try more heavy kavas.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Just placed an order for a lb of the new Ambae's kava. That melomelo + borogu has me interested.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Bula guys

We have a new kava available and this time we have ventured outside of Fiji to bring you a unique vanuatu kava offering. We named it Ambae's Kava because its from the island of Ambae in Vanuatu. Its a mixture of melomelo and borugu cultivars and we have made it into a secret blend of chips to roots which we think will help it stand out from competition. Its available only in medium grind and we have them in 8 Oz and 16 Oz packs.

We also just published a blog post if you want to take a read. It talks about how commercial scale farming is done and this is from what i personally experienced at our Gourmet Savusavu Waka farmers plantation. He has the largest kava plantation in Fiji. https://www.kavatime.us/blogs/kava-...i-an-insight-to-fijis-largest-kava-plantation

I also want to let you know that all FDA problems have been sorted out. Our restock inventory has arrived at the fulfillment center and we have opened it up for pre-orders. By Monday EST everything will be logged into the fulfillment system and we should be ready to ship on the weekend orders. PS: we have about 18 x 8 Oz kadavu left of the old batch which has been sent to the fulfillment center. If you have been a fan of the last batch please order it before it runs out.

Regards
Neil
Does anyone get stressed out when there is too much good kava to try....yeah me either! Sounds awesome and if I had not just stocked up on GHK and Squanch I would jumping in with both feet. Next month KT is next on my list for new kavas to try. I love the pictures of the farm, there is nothing like helping us connect with the source. Great work.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I feel like I purchased Ambae kava at the right time. I believe they're currently evacuating the entire island. Might be the last of the kava from there for a while.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
I feel like I purchased Ambae kava at the right time. I believe they're currently evacuating the entire island. Might be the last of the kava from there for a while.
Me too, I got mine. Why can’t they grow MeloMelo on a different island? Is it’s microclimate or something? I find that strange that MeloMelo is isolated to this one active volcanic island.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Me too, I got mine. Why can’t they grow MeloMelo on a different island? Is it’s microclimate or something? I find that strange that MeloMelo is isolated to this one active volcanic island.
While Ambae is famous for MeloMelo, I would think that it could be grown on any of the Islands, or at least I surely hope so. I guess we're going to find out.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
While Ambae is famous for MeloMelo, I would think that it could be grown on any of the Islands, or at least I surely hope so. I guess we're going to find out.
Maybe the gov't will sneak in after everyone leaves and cover the entire island in kava so that when everyone comes back in 10 years the whole island is covered in 10 year old kava.

Status
Not open for further replies.