What's new

New Vanuatu Kava, Kadavu and other news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
How's the ambae
Bloody brillers, mate. Spiffy. Dog’s bollocks. Oh, that means it is good. In many ways it is different from the kwk melomelo, which is great because they are both really good. Different excellent flavors, too. Some similarities in their heavy aspects, but their euphoric qualities are a bit different, the kwk being more floaty, and sexy/sensuous, but the KT is more like a traditional strongly balanced euphoria. Very distinctive different taste and quite good, but much more bitter than the kwk, which has a distinctive sweet spicy pine/citrus vibe that is very enjoyable. They are both equally good and different enough you’d want both, IMO.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
How's the ambae
It actually seems to be pretty strong in comparison to what we've had available for the past couple of years. I added some to my usual Nangol/Stone mix and it definitely didn't bring it down as the likely 3/4% KL root available from most vendors would have. It has a very pleasant, fresh scent but the taste is terrible -- very peppery. Worth it for the effects, though. The added Borogu definitely sets it apart from the KWK Melo. The grind is also much finer. I'll have to do more testing by itself but it may very well work into my rotation of high end kava products....

The Savusavu also seems to be much more potent than the previous batch...

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
It actually seems to be pretty strong in comparison to what we've had available for the past couple of years. I added some to my usual Nangol/Stone mix and it definitely didn't bring it down as the likely 3/4% KL root available from most vendors would have. It has a very pleasant, fresh scent but the taste is terrible -- very peppery. Worth it for the effects, though. The added Borogu definitely sets it apart from the KWK Melo. The grind is also much finer. I'll have to do more testing by itself but it may very well work into my rotation of high end kava products....

The Savusavu also seems to be much more potent than the previous batch...
Is the new batch heavier or is it still balanced? I want to try it again; the first time I tried it (several batches ago) it was potent; but I found it very heady; at least to start. I actually couldn't sit still the first time I tried it and it hit really hard.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Is the new batch heavier or is it still balanced? I want to try it again; the first time I tried it (several batches ago) it was potent; but I found it very heady; at least to start. I actually couldn't sit still the first time I tried it and it hit really hard.
I've only tried the previous batch from around New Years which I thought was alright but nothing particularly memorable. This one is balanced/heady but not a lot of sedation or muscle melting effects. I don't really get energy or motivation to move around and do stuff from any kava but this one had strong mental effects (nice kava buzz) and affected my vision/coordination more than anything I've had in a while. That was after drinking a large amount of strong prepped grog, though. I think it's best used later in the afternoon when you have time to enjoy it and are not needing a sleep aid. I prefer to get more body effects and sedation but this one is worth having around for variety.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Bula guys

We have a new kava available and this time we have ventured outside of Fiji to bring you a unique vanuatu kava offering. We named it Ambae's Kava because its from the island of Ambae in Vanuatu. Its a mixture of melomelo and borugu cultivars and we have made it into a secret blend of chips to roots which we think will help it stand out from competition. Its available only in medium grind and we have them in 8 Oz and 16 Oz packs.

We also just published a blog post if you want to take a read. It talks about how commercial scale farming is done and this is from what i personally experienced at our Gourmet Savusavu Waka farmers plantation. He has the largest kava plantation in Fiji. https://www.kavatime.us/blogs/kava-...i-an-insight-to-fijis-largest-kava-plantation

I also want to let you know that all FDA problems have been sorted out. Our restock inventory has arrived at the fulfillment center and we have opened it up for pre-orders. By Monday EST everything will be logged into the fulfillment system and we should be ready to ship on the weekend orders. PS: we have about 18 x 8 Oz kadavu left of the old batch which has been sent to the fulfillment center. If you have been a fan of the last batch please order it before it runs out.

Regards
Neil
Well the Kadavu blend sure isn't heady and no ear-ringing; but I can definitely say that a large dose is capable of giviing me double-vision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.