What's new

New York City kava bar

-33-

Trailer Park Boys - watch it on netflix!
Wow, you can't get a 75'cent Coca Cola for less than $5 in the city.. wonder how much a shell will cost ya ;p

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
From their site: http://www.kavasutra.com/menu/
It says:
ARCHIE KAVA
This is the ultimate Kava from the Solomon Islands. Considered “Top Shelf” kava that is strong, smooth, and longer lasting then any other

@Deleted User Were you the guy discussing how kava isn't from the Soloman Islands? Or there's no native kava strains there? I remember there being some sort of controversy surrounding Soloman Islands kava.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Ever been to New York City? It's 5million people just like him on a tiny little island
Well, technically there are eight million stories in the Naked City.
There are some nice people there, though, like Louis CK, and that girl in the sitcom about the Mole Women.

Jayy

Kava Curious
I read through that other thread and calling people morons isn't exactly the best way to get customers...

but trying to sell a drink that tastes awful and numbs your mouth and might not even work the first few times you spend money on it (and trying to explain why eating +4 hours earlier wouldn't make it work etc.) would make owning a kava bar so difficult....kudos for trying to make a drinking game based on it lol.

hope this bar has an instagram and stuff with more info. I'd like to see what's going on ya know?

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
First reviews are out: http://bedfordandbowery.com/2015/07/kavasutra-opens-putting-the-chill-in-chilled-drinks/

A few good words about kava, but I am sorry that it gets kind of associated with the owner's former "ventures":

"The “Mr. Nice Guy” brand, emblazoned across the cans of Relaxinol, is associated with a synthetic marijuana ring that led to prison time for Kavasutra’s owner, Dylan Harrison, confirmed Josh, an employee of the bar who declined to give his last name. In 2013, Harrison was sentenced to one year in federal prison after one of his warehouses in West Palm Beach exploded in the process of making the drug, which was marketed as “herbal incense” and made available for purchase in convenience stores."

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
::be nice:: ::be nice:: ::be nice:: ::be nice::
It's a rip-off of the jay and silent bob characters in Clerks...but the atrocious acting and production are very real.
:: Damnit!!! :: ::be nice:: ::be nice:: ::be nice::

verticity

I'm interested in things
"The main ingredients listed on the can are: 5-HTP, GABA, L-Theanine, L-Threonine, L-Tryphtophan, chamomile, flower extract, valerian root extract, and melatonin."
Seems pretty harmless, actually, kind of like inverse Red Bull. But that marketing...
picard.jpg