What's new

Newbie here. Questions on my Kava!

laere

1. Which vendor did you purchase your kava from. I bought my kava off amazon (I know). It's called Kava Vanuatu blend by Kava King Products inc.
  2. What type of kava are you drinking. (Instant, micronized, or traditional (medium-coarse) consistency) It's instant drink mix.
  3. If provided, which strain of kava you have purchased. Vanuatu blend.
  4. How often are you drinking kava, and how long have you been drinking kava overall. Today was my first day.
  5. How much kava are you consuming per session (grams/ounces tablespoons/teaspoons). I blended together 1 cup of the instant mix and 3 cups cold water. Drank 8oz at first, came back about an hr later for another 8oz, then 2hrs later drank 4oz. Immediately after the 4oz I felt this alcohol like dizziness come on, something I haven't felt in 7 months (7 months sober). I immediately had a panick attack, which subsided a few mins after calming down. Maybe my Kava is "two day?"
  6. What method are you using to prepare your kava? (Toss & Wash or Traditional (knead & squeeze)) I used a blender to mix it.

Any suggestions to a newbie. I read the newbie post about noble kava and tudei kava. Is my kava tudei? If so, should I stop taking it and buy some noble? Was looking to buy some micronized moi from gourmet Hawaiian or loa lawena kava from cactus kava.

Also should I avoid mixing kava and K@? My goal is to use kava to get off my K@ dependancy.

Cheers!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
As far as I know, Kava King is fine, but 1 cup of micronized is rather a lot. Try reducing the dose by a lot.

laere

As far as I know, Kava King is fine, but 1 cup of micronized is rather a lot. Try reducing the dose by a lot.
How do I know if this is micronized? It doesn't say anything about it being micronized, just says it's instant drink mix.

Also how much should I try again? I wanted to make another batch to take with me to work, to sip on.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I believe kava king's instant is micronized. This is something some companies do and its confusing as instant is typically dehydrated traditionally prepared kava.

Try 4 tablespoons at a time.

laere

I believe kava king's instant is micronized. This is something some companies do and its confusing as instant is typically dehydrated traditionally prepared kava.

Try 4 tablespoons at a time.
Alright will do, thanks. What is the best tablespoon to water ratio?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
It really depends on your preference. More water = you have to drink more, but less water = it's more gritty. Just something you have to experiment with. For 4 tbsp, I'd probably go with a cup and a half or so. You can always add more water.

I don't know

Kava Enthusiast
I had that same strain of kava from Kava King and it gave me a similar effect. I didn't like it. Their other products give me a headache. I think it's the sweetner. You definitely should not take that much instant or micronized at one time. I find the Gourmet Hawaiian Kava and Kalm with Kava have the best noble kavas that are very effective. I like micronized the most, but I use medium grinds with the Aluball sometimes too. I just stir the micronized in a liquid or place some under my tongue and let it dissolve.

laere

I had that same strain of kava from Kava King and it gave me a similar effect. I didn't like it. Their other products give me a headache. I think it's the sweetner. You definitely should not take that much instant or micronized at one time. I find the Gourmet Hawaiian Kava and Kalm with Kava have the best noble kavas that are very effective. I like micronized the most, but I use medium grinds with the Aluball sometimes too. I just stir the micronized in a liquid or place some under my tongue and let it dissolve.
I bought a 1lb of Loa Lawena Kava from cactus kava. Read the reviews and heard it was a good noble. Also not a bad price for a lb.

Abbas

Kava Curious
How do I know if this is micronized? It doesn't say anything about it being micronized, just says it's instant drink mix.

Also how much should I try again? I wanted to make another batch to take with me to work, to sip on.
Have you tried this kava again since you first posted this thread?