What's new

Newbie Question - Instant & Concentrate Recommendations

Hey, my friends.

My interest has finally peaked enough to try and find some evening Kava for relaxation and help put me to sleep. I'd like to try the concentrate or instant Kava and was wondering if you had some recommendations on which kind? Was currently looking at Kalm with Kava concentrate, noble kava's quick powder and Bula Kava House instant drink mix. Any help is appreciated!

Enjoy the day,
Steve

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey, my friends.

My interest has finally peaked enough to try and find some evening Kava for relaxation and help put me to sleep. I'd like to try the concentrate or instant Kava and was wondering if you had some recommendations on which kind? Was currently looking at Kalm with Kava concentrate, noble kava's quick powder and Bula Kava House instant drink mix. Any help is appreciated!

Enjoy the day,
Steve
All of those you've listed are good. The kalm with kava drink mixes are quite sedative. Bula Kava House's instant is middle of the road in terms of heavy/heady, but it is indeed powerful. I haven't personally tried the quick powder from Noble kava.

The only real downside to these is the cost, but if that's no issue, then enjoy and bula!

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
@Kapmcrunk won't steer you wrong! It is great that you can consume kava in multiple ways to benefit from its sedative properties, but arguably doing some medium grind kava is your most cost-effective way to imbibe. And it's never been easier to do with @Kavafied 's Aluball line of kava makers. Whether or not you try out an Aluball shaker, once you get all the things needed to knead your kava medium grind, depending on how strong you like your grog, your wallet won't take many hits with further kava purchases.

The other reason to consider medium grind is that it's as close as you can get from fresh kava made the traditional way if that interests you any!

Thanks, both! Yea, I've def into being cost effective down the road and I'm kind of a purist so preparing it traditionally seems great, as well. Just right now I want to see if it works for me - as painlessly as possible :)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Maybe I will give the Kava Surpreme from Kavafied a shot. Has great reviews.
Can’t go wrong with it. Good for the evening and winding down. A kava in the sedative or “heavy” category for sure. Be sure to get a maker or a strainer cloth with it.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Hey, my friends.

Enjoy the day,
Steve
For sleep purposes, the best instant would be the RoH instant. Kava Supreme is a good choice but some batches are much more (or less) sedating than others. There aren't really a lot of good choices in the heavy sedation area right now.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Thanks, both! Yea, I've def into being cost effective down the road and I'm kind of a purist so preparing it traditionally seems great, as well. Just right now I want to see if it works for me - as painlessly as possible :)
in which case then instant is fine for you and there are some good ones. And the good thing is if it turns out you do like kava, then using medium grind is cheap[er than instant and tastes better (IMO). Also, you can make your own instant kava as a by-product of making regular kava from medium grind. I've been doing that successfully for a long time now. I do buy an instant that is made from fresh green kava from Vanuatu. It is very expensive, but it captures a taste and effect that cannot be gotten any other way (and still isn't as good as real good fresh green kava, although that is what it is made from, simply by dehydrating it. But yeah, as @Kapmcrunk krunk said, the ones you mention are fine and you probably can't go wrong with any of them.

Finally getting around to trying some real kava tonight with the Aluball (Kava Supreme). Had a few candies last night which I enjoyed except for all the fake sugar lol. Any suggestions on dosing for a 1st time?