What's new

Newbie with queasy stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kavadreamer

Kava Curious
Dear Kava people,

Please forgive my kava ignorance as newbie.
Today I received 2 kilos of Malekula magic. In my first batch I kneaded and squeezed 50 grams. Drank half and felt a little something and actually great appetite, toast tasted great! 2 hours later I drank half of the same batch and did not feel so much.
3 hours later I drink a 2nd rinse of first batch and prepare a new batch of 60 grams that I knead really well and drink quickly within 5 minutes. This time I am hit within 15 minuts and actually start feeling a bit green and queasy....Some kinda feeling is there but mostly I fight that queasy feeling....3 hours later or so I feel better, queasiness is almost gone...Hmm I guess I might have put too much in there being a newbie as well...Guess I will take few days break and then have another go. But that queasiness was the worst I have felt in years...You with the wisdom of Kava feel free to bash me for using too much or any advice on how to reduce queasiness and enhance positive effects. i really want the kava to work, I imagine being embraced by that tropical feeling, almost like being rocked to sleep in the womb of a coconut tree, but that is only my imagination so far...

Kava peace to the people :facepalm:

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Sounds like pretty good for a first time actually, queasiness: space it out more so you're not drinking a ton at once, drink some ginger or some kind of other antiemetic. Make sure to drink it on an empty stomach (4+ hours fasting) for optimal effects.

D

Deactivated Account

I still get it however ive learned over the years that if i want to dance i need to pay the band.

I just accept it.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I get some level of quease and bloat with most kavas. Different strains and preparations can help.
When I was new, I puked a couple times...simply because I wasn't sure if I was feeling the whole experience or not, so I'd drink more to see if there was something even better just around the corner. It would lead to nausea.
I've also ruined a nice heavy buzz, by trying to finish food just for the sake of finishing it. I never do that anymore, it can get miserable. If I only eat a few bites, then I just let it be and don't force myself to finish.

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
::shell::WELCOME!! hey this a no bash forum so don't worry. We only hug and sarcastically poke .Also hey your doing it right. Quesy and bloated is a side effect of kava , there are many factors.ONWORD with big bowls of the grog.. ::happyshell::

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
::shell::WELCOME!! hey this a no bash forum so don't worry. We only hug and sarcastically poke .Also hey your doing it right. Quesy and bloated is a side effect of kava , there are many factors.ONWORD with big bowls of the grog.. ::happyshell::
Take a zantac.... In the morning i do everyday it helps. Iam no doctor only a suggestion from experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.