What's new

PurplePanda999

Kava Curious
I just purchased some instant Kava from Amazon (think the brand is Samasara?). Tried the recommended 2/3 scoop yesterday and felt nothing. Tried double the amount this afternoon to a rather nice effect. I think one of my mistakeso is it mixed it in cold seltzer water.

In reading some forums, I'm getting confused with all the information out there. My goal is to relieve anxiety and depression. Any suggestions? What brands/websites can you recommend? Are there other herbs that enhance the effects?

Thanks!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Welcome aboard!

Here is what I recommend: Buy a sample pack from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava, Bula Kava House, and Kalm with Kava. All quality vendors, all offer a variety of different products, some instant, some requiring traditional prep. Kalm with Kava is on Amazon, if you like it from there, although it's cheaper and Mike gets more money if you order it from his website.

Most Amazon kavas are pretty bad. I googled samsara brand kava and it looks like the cheap Chinese extract that is everywhere.

Kava is great for anxiety and issues that stem from anxiety. Stick around and read some stuff on here, there's lots of good info and it will help you make the most of your kava.

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the forum @PurplePanda999. If you got effects from Amazon Kava, you will be on cloud 9 when you buy kava from the good vendors mentioned by @kavadude. Now the cloud 9 from kava is only like 4 feet above the ground but it's enough. :D

PurplePanda999

Kava Curious
I may not be able to indulge as much as I would like, due to the cost. And the fact that I am inherently lazy.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

PurplePanda999

Kava Curious
Well, I am still in the midst of experimenting with a few types of Kava and preparations. I've tried Borogu, Pouni Onu and the Kalm with Kava concentrate. Borogu was OK, the Pouni Onu made me feel spacy but not in a pleasant way. I prepared both using the blender method and the AluBall I just purchased. Liked the AluBall the best, but want to get the most kavalactones for my buck. I will be trying the 11 year kava next.

I have to say I've had the best results with the "instant" Samsara 30% kavalactones I purchased earlier, albeit using *way* more than the recommended 2/3 scoop (of 1 gram). The ad says the kava is 100% organic and is imported from Fiji. They claim the company is located in Utah.

Will keep experimenting.