What's new

News: Vanuatu to hold Workshop on Kava Quality

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I just have to highlight this part-----"However the act has not been implemented effectively. This has given rise to a surge in the trading of non-noble kava varieties, so-called “tu-dei kava”.

This kava variety is deemed unsafe for human consumption and although it used to generate a “quick buck” by unscrupulous farmers, it puts the Kava Industry as a whole at a great risk of being banned from the export market again.

Furthermore, because tu-dei kava is not safe for human consumption, having it available as a beverage on the domestic market puts the lives of consumers at risk."

How more simple and plain can it get, this is what I have said ever since I started selling kava. This is why I do not sell certain kava that I get because it tests as tudei or mixed with tudei. I could easily sell 12 year old micronized from Fiji or some of the Solomon's kava but it is not pure Noble kava, so I do not sell it, I want to keep kava in a safe light and not give any Governments a chance to ban it again. I did get a hold of some pure Noble Solomon's kava thanks to a kava scientist that was recently there in the Solomon Islands and he hooked me up with a great supplier that understands that bad kava can HURT the kava market. I will be offering it on my website very soon.
Wow 100% pure Noble Solomon's kava. :hungry:
Aloha.

Chris