What's new

Next Day After Kava

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
I was just wondering peoples opinions of the best kavas for no next morning after effects ? I had some pk Fijian ..which I made strong to bust through my tolerance and boy did it but it made me feel hazy for almost two days after! So I was also wondering if that happens to anybody else ?

D

Deactivated Account

All ive ever been able to buy in Aust for the last 12-13 years is Fiji waka & it always gives me the hebee geebies next day big time. If I really over do it...it's a nightmare for a few days.

Recently had a tudai from Fiji & the next full 4 days was absolutely terrible, never again. I do hook well into it though, I'm not a light kava drinker when I have it.

I brought some low powered kava back with me from vanuatu last week & can only get it to work boiling it & I drink it in very big quantities every night & wake up without one ounce of issues at all...it's like I've never drank it the previous night.

To me it's about kava type.

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
All ive ever been able to buy in Aust for the last 12-13 years is Fiji waka & it always gives me the hebee geebies next day big time. If I really over do it...it's a nightmare for a few days.

Recently had a tudai from Fiji & the next full 4 days was absolutely terrible, never again. I do hook well into it though, I'm not a light kava drinker when I have it.

I brought some low powered kava back with me from vanuatu last week & can only get it to work boiling it & I drink it in very big quantities every night & wake up without one ounce of issues at all...it's like I've never drank it the previous night.

To me it's about kava type.
I guess we are spoiled here ..maybe it's just the Fijian then ..cause that really bogged me down ..almost turned me off the whole idea of kava ..but the melo melo I have seems different

infraredz

BULA!
Depending on your metabolism and person physiology, different strains will affect you in different ways. Some feel that kava wears off after only a couple hours, while some (like me) feel a sort of "shield" as Vekta described for days after. That being said, the day after is usually much more mellow than it would be without the kava the previous day (as long as it wasn't tudei/ISA/Koniak/etc) which leaves me very groggy the next day). I don't feel impaired, just slightly mellowed out.

If Melo Melo didn't do it, I would venture to guess you are just sensitive to the double-bonded lactones (DHM and DHK) which I believe are commonly in higher percentages in Fijian kava.

Really, only the two-day kavas (ISA/tudei/Koniak/etc) leave me with any negative after-effect the next day. Almost all kava (absent extremely heady strains) will have the "shield" effect the next day, and sometimes two but it's very subtle and not really what you described. I just feel relaxed, contentment, ease of acceptance, etc. the day after, not cognitively impaired at all though.