What's new

Noble Kava question.

C

CyrusVirus

Could someone explain what qualities make a "noble kava"? I just recently purchased nambawan from BKH and i have been blown by the buzz i got after just one shell, is nambawan kava considered a noble kava? Why? Thanks for any help.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
nambawan is made of 3 good noble kava's mixed together.
noble kava have an effect and chemical profile that is generally considered safe for daily drinking.

infraredz

BULA!
Yeah, Nambawan is very potent but that's not mutually exclusive with noble kava. Noble kava is a term originating in Vanuautu which refers to kava that is suitable and safe for everyday consumption. It usually has a certain chemotype (or at least, a few general assumptions such as it not being incredibly high in the double bonded lactones, DHK/DMK) and low, safe levels of flavokavains.

It is going to be important soon (hopefully!!!) that some of the "newbie info" should be about this, and I think that at the moment, this is a perfect read since it's what is being developed to define these such things:
http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/attachments/codex-madang-na12_kava_draft-pdf.64/