What's new

Normal that I never ever had an numb tongue from kava?

Pauli

Kava Curious
I have been drinking islandpepper for quit a while, but I never got numb tongue,
also my tolerance on kava is quite high, always been,
it is 40 grams micronized.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I have been drinking islandpepper for quit a while, but I never got numb tongue,
You drink 40 grams of micronzied kava?

I mean, for real that's impressive. I'd be puking my guts up at half of that.

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
I've always had a numb tongue after drinking the kavas I have. Hmmm... And 40g of micronized... WOW! I think the most I've ever had was 10g spaced hours apart. My tummy would NOT be happy.

Pauli

Kava Curious
I would love to feel something with 10 grams,
What am I doing wrong?
Has it to do with my 100 kg body weight?

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
I don't get numbness any more, the only time I really have was when drinking fresh kava in Vanuatu (followed by major brain numbness!).

Are you straining the micronised kava? Or just mixing it with water and drinking without straining?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
My mouth rarely gets numb, I used to get it all the time about 3-4 years ago when the kava felt stronger. Squanch Waka, BKH Nambawan & Nangol still have the effect for me. But admittedly, it has been a while since I had Nambawan or Nangol.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I got the numb tongue when I first started drinking kava, but after a couple of months it went away. However, sometimes a kava will provoke the effect, maybe once or twice a year, usually an awesome kava.