What's new

Not sure if I'm letting the cat out of the bag...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
I'm not sure if Mike will be posting an announcement, so I figured I would do some street team advertising for him because I love his products and customer service so damn much.

I've just finished the 1.5 pounds of his Fiji Loa Waka I bought from KWK, and I've gotta say -- it's the best kava I've had thus far. With usual medium grinds like a borogu or Mo'i, my daily regiment is 1/2 cup root to 2 cups of water, filtered through this bag:
Amazon product
With the Fiji Loa Waka, I've been using the same proportions, but I'll only have 2 shells instead of 3. After 2 shells, my lips and cheeks are tingly, and I'm at a really good place mentally. If I do 3, I'll need to hit the bed pretty quickly. It seems to be an excellent mix of heady/heavy. I used to mix kavas together to get the kind of experience I wanted, but I never mix with this because it hits me exactly how I want.

TL;DR: KWK Fiji Loa Waka is the best kava I've had, and I believe Mike will be getting it up on the site within the next few days. You're going to want to place an order to get some if you haven't tried it. Seriously.

verticity

I'm interested in things
You let the cat out of the nut milk bag. :happy:

I had a sample of the Fiji Loa, and the wonderfully heady Malekula, and am looking forward to being able to purchase massive quantities!

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Yes I have been waiting patiently for both of these kava's! :)
After reading the few reviews I have, they sound amazing, the Fiji Loa waka I have heard great stuff about...
But the other, the Malekula I haven't heard much about though...any reviews on it? Or anyone get an opinion on it?
I'm all for heady though! (y)

blindy107

Kava Lover
Yes the Fijian is simply wonderful. It booted pouni from my top spot. I think I'm on my 4th pound of it. The latest batch is very fresh so get while the gettin is good!

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Ordered one of those nut milk bags, thanks for posting it. Looks tough like you can ring the devil out of it.

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
The cat's officially out of the bag! Thanks for your review Runding! It is definitely strong for a Fiji kava.
The Fiji Loa Waka is officially stocked and ready for sale. Here's the details :
Chemotype 463251
KL content : 12%
100% waka (lateral roots) from Taveuni Fiji
http://kalmwithkava.com/product/fiji-loa-waka-kava/
Wooohooo! Time to order some more...

Ordered one of those nut milk bags, thanks for posting it. Looks tough like you can ring the devil out of it.
It definitely is. I used to hate medium grind, but this bag made me love medium grinds more than any other types of kava. @Steve Mariotti is the guy that started the love for these bags, actually. I can't take credit for it :)

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Just ordered a half pound of the Fiji Loa Waka and a half pound of the Pouni Ono! Trying to learn the differences in feel between the chemotypes. I am already loving the Borongoru as my nightly drink. My little chemotype spice rack is growing...

Last edited:

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
The nut milk bag landed yesterday and man it seems Tough, I got some paint strainers but this seems even tougher. I can't wait to ring the neck out of the Waka and the Pouni Ono with it.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
The nut milk bag works awesome, tougher then the pain strainers and strains better too! Pretty sure the Pouni Ono and the Loa Waka will be in my mail box when I get home tonight. Trying to figure out which one to try first. I figure I will try one tonight and one tomorrow to see how different they feel.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
So I could barely wait yesterday to get home from work to try out some new kava. I whipped up a batch of Loa Waka and downed the second and third wash and a bit of the first wash. The door opens and my girlfriend walks in and says oh someone is coming to buy the old Jeep tonight, which means, pull out the old battery and do a little wrenching, instant buzzkill! Turns out a lot more wrenching but the kava kept me kalm through the wrenching and sales session. So never got to really listen to the Loa Waka last night.
This morning I had about 10 ounces left and that was my breakfast. Oh my, I had a nice euphoric drive in to work and now I have mellowed into a nice and non-sedated work day. I lika da Waka!!!

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
This stuff is seriously the best. I'm all about it, and just ordered another pound.

I'm glad you liked the strainer! Personally, I feel like its way better than nylons, muslin bags, etc etc. It should be in the wiki or something.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Yes that nut milk bag is so much better then nylons and paint strainers. I wonder if other brands/types of nut milk bags are as strong as this one. I love how I don't have to do a lot of secondary straining to remove sediment after washing. It has reduced my traditional prep time and the size of my kava prep kit. Tonight will be my test of the Pouni Ono to see how it compares to the Waka and Borongoru I have, come on 4:30.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Just got my order today and had to break it out. It's funny I let wifu have a few sips. After a few minutes she stops what she was doing and says, "do you hear that noise"? Meanwhile I am sitting here letting this kava sing to me. I look up and smile knowing what it is. I never thought about telling her kava can sing to you. LoL. This is good stuff and I will be reviewing is soon!

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I need to make another batch of Waka up tonight, the Pouni Ono keeps making me sleep. One to two shells and I am sleeping on the couch after work the last two nights, LOL.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Yep the Loa Waka seems to be my social strain and the Pouni Ono the couch me to sleepville.
Tried the blender method for the first time this morning with the Loa Waka. My goodness I got pretty krunked. Still very euphoric and chatty though. Doing some buzzkill chores now but still feeling nice!

verticity

I'm interested in things
Yep the Loa Waka seems to be my social strain and the Pouni Ono the couch me to sleepville.
Tried the blender method for the first time this morning with the Loa Waka. My goodness I got pretty krunked. Still very euphoric and chatty though. Doing some buzzkill chores now but still feeling nice!
Yeah, that's the exact opposite of my experience...

Status
Not open for further replies.