What's new

Member Soapbox Now I love kava even more

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I got drunk on Wednesday. Many stressful changes are going on in my life right now, and I'm doing my best to cope. I ran out of kava and so Wednesday night I was near frantic looking for something for my PTSD and anxiety. I have diazepam for my vertigo that I could've used, but really it's not that effective when I'm in this sort of stressed state. Also it's too sedating the next day. I finally settled on this ancient nasty bottle of vodka from the back of my kitchen cupboards. This is the jug of vodka that I keep on hand to make my own herbal tinctures. It's pretty gross.

I drank the vodka with the intention of getting a little drunk. Mission accomplished. The next day I was amazed at how wacky and positively gross I felt! There was a guy at work waaaaay more hungover than me, but still all I could think was "this is one of the reasons why I drink kava!"

Alcohol is really bad for my body, particularly with my health issues. I'll have a drink or two maybe 2-3 times a year since getting on the kava train, but never drunk like this. I'm not even sure when the last time I got drunk was before this. It has been long enough that I can't remember which is pretty cool. Luckily my hangover wore off pretty quickly after some snacks and water.

I have some more kava now thank heaven. It is SO much better for my body and spirit. Much more gentle and effective! I thank the kava gods and growers for it.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I got drunk on Wednesday. Many stressful changes are going on in my life right now, and I'm doing my best to cope. I ran out of kava and so Wednesday night I was near frantic looking for something for my PTSD and anxiety. I have diazepam for my vertigo that I could've used, but really it's not that effective when I'm in this sort of stressed state. Also it's too sedating the next day. I finally settled on this ancient nasty bottle of vodka from the back of my kitchen cupboards. This is the jug of vodka that I keep on hand to make my own herbal tinctures. It's pretty gross.

I drank the vodka with the intention of getting a little drunk. Mission accomplished. The next day I was amazed at how wacky and positively gross I felt! There was a guy at work waaaaay more hungover than me, but still all I could think was "this is one of the reasons why I drink kava!"

Alcohol is really bad for my body, particularly with my health issues. I'll have a drink or two maybe 2-3 times a year since getting on the kava train, but never drunk like this. I'm not even sure when the last time I got drunk was before this. It has been long enough that I can't remember which is pretty cool. Luckily my hangover wore off pretty quickly after some snacks and water.

I have some more kava now thank heaven. It is SO much better for my body and spirit. Much more gentle and effective! I thank the kava gods and growers for it.
Sometimes life has funny ways of reminding us that we were on the right path to begin with :)

Kava truly is a gift.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I drink alcohol to enjoy its taste and the effects are secondary since the effects in excess really aren't fun.

But I have buddies that drink alcohol to cope and I get concerned they will go overboard. Kava would be much better for them but my regulars either complain of the taste or say that kava is like drinking benzos and don't really find any euphoria (yet) from kava. I'm hoping to get some who have actually tried it to keep on trying it.

It's great hearing stories about how even those without alcohol problems turn back to kava since the immediate and lingering effects kava are more desirable.