What's new

Numbness?

KavaNoob716

Kava Curious
Bought some kava from a local head shop and noticed that it did not have any numbing. Does all kava need to have that numbing effect and is this just crap?

KavaNoob716

Kava Curious
Also 2nd bag I have bought (not same brand, first was BFB Vanuatu Kava Powder) I used a kava straining bag, kneeded for 15 minutes while steeping. I guess it's too late now but just for future reference what I should look for/buy from. I have started kava because I quit drinking 2 months ago (pancreatitis) and need a good buzz every now and again.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Bought some kava from a local head shop and noticed that it did not have any numbing. Does all kava need to have that numbing effect and is this just crap?
I never heard of a headshop having kava, you sure it isn't K@? or has K@ in it?

A numb mouth is a common side effect but it is not a norm.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Also 2nd bag I have bought (not same brand, first was BFB Vanuatu Kava Powder) I used a kava straining bag, kneeded for 15 minutes while steeping. I guess it's too late now but just for future reference what I should look for/buy from. I have started kava because I quit drinking 2 months ago (pancreatitis) and need a good buzz every now and again.
look around here, there are plenty of good vendors to chose from.

KavaNoob716

Kava Curious
I never heard of a headshop having kava, you sure it isn't K@? or has K@ in it?

A numb mouth is a common side effect but it is not a norm.
Not entirely sure it does just say kava, nothing about K@. They did just say they got it in and usually never have it. I will say after an hour I'm feeling pretty good though so not complete garbage.

KavaNoob716

Kava Curious
A few hours later and can honestly say this has got me pretty good, but very nauseous. Also feels a bit like a heavy pain killer (itchy and quiet heady) so after some reading I am curious if it may be possible for it to be Tudei? Being a newbie just want to make sure I'm not running the risk of over doing anything. I made around 5 cups and used 8 tbsp of powder.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
A few hours later and can honestly say this has got me pretty good, but very nauseous. Also feels a bit like a heavy pain killer (itchy and quiet heady) so after some reading I am curious if it may be possible for it to be Tudei? Being a newbie just want to make sure I'm not running the risk of over doing anything. I made around 5 cups and used 8 tbsp of powder.
Maybe post a picture of the bag but even if it is tudei, it's not going to kill you. It might give you negative side effects like dryimg u up or dermo a lot faster though.

KavaNoob716

Kava Curious
After last night, can honestly say that it gave me a very heavy buzz and an upset stomach but woke up a little groggy but that's all gone now. Don't know if it had created in it but from the bag it looks like it's just 100% kava....just not sure what type.

Attachments

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
After last night, can honestly say that it gave me a very heavy buzz and an upset stomach but woke up a little groggy but that's all gone now. Don't know if it had created in it but from the bag it looks like it's just 100% kava....just not sure what type.
Yeah that company sells K@, I would not trust a company that sells K@ but that's just me and maybe you lucked out. In the future i would chose a dedicated kava vendor. You will not go wrong that way.
GF Kava 8oz.jpg

Weirdly it says at the bottom of the bag only to be used as a "botanical specimen" which is odd.

Last edited:

KavaNoob716

Kava Curious
Yeah for sure, it was a "well I'm here so I guess I will get it" purchase. Next time will be a online purchase. But I did just make some more tonight lol.