What's new

Official Status of the Acetone Test

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
That is great news, I knew it was only a matter of time and I knew it was a good test to get an idea of the quality of the kava you have, meaning if there is any tudei mixed in with the Noble kava.
I can't wait to hear what Dr. Lebot has to say at the 2015 International Kava Symposium. He is supposed to be talking about new things that have not been published before. Thank you Deleted User for making this test even more refined so we can see clearly what we are drinking.
Aloha nui loa.

Chris

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
@Deleted User have you found a correlation between cloudy acetone results and tudei/spiking ?
or is cloudiness random between nobles and tudeis alike ?

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
hmm maybe i should spin around in circles when I do this.
I've noticed some clear up quick, after i shake em, others stay slightly opaque longer.
i did this today with 1 noble, 1 medicinal noble and 2 suspicious mystery wakas...the nobles cleared up fast. the mystery wakas still look partially cloudy. no drastic color difference though.
unfortunately had to use different sized glasses, cuz i left my good ones at a friends house.
but equal kava:acetone amounts were used nonetheless.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
vanuatu lists a class of kava called medicinal...they're usually 245xxx...they test like nobles would.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
i got a sample from a supplier Henry was talking to, i think the cyclone wiped 'em out though.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
This was from Epi Island...not sure what the cultivar name was though.
Maybe it's just a heavy noble, but i thought Ni-Van 245xxx noble's are actually medicinal.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
from those medicinals listed in Origins, it looks like (2) and (6) play some role, although they don't seem like that uncommon of a pairing. the mysteries of kava.