What's new

Kava Poll On reverse tolerance

How long did it take for you, to feel any effects from Kava?

• First try

• Second try

• Third try

• About a week daily or near daily usage

• About two weeks daily or near daily usage

• About 3 or 4 weeks daily or near daily usage

• About 2 months daily or near daily usage

Results are only viewable after voting.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
I don't think reverse tolerance is a thing, truthfully. I've written extensively about this before, so I'll summarize my previous thoughts.

Most people don't know how to properly prepare kava, including how much root to use, how much water to use, methods of extraction (which is why I include specific instructions on each bag), and proper equipment (which is why I include a free 80 micron strainer with each order). Many folks end up drinking one shells worth, thinking it'll hit them like a brick, but they don't realize the really obvious effects normally come on after ~2-3 properly prepared shells. They're being responsible by not drinking too much on their first time, but it's generally just not enough.

Once you've been drinking it a while though, you can generally tell how strong a batch is by your first shell and the first signs of being rooted.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
There are days when I think it is real, and days when I think it isn't.

Kava worked for me the first time I tried it. I was looking for something subtle and relaxing, and that's what I got. However, over the years I have found myself able to get more and more krunked off of similar portions of Kava.

Panthau

Kava Curious
Hm thats interesting. Im gonna up my instant dosis next time from 1 to 2 teaspoons to see if anything happens.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
I find the first time I try a new strain it hits me really hard. After the first time the effects seem to level off. It's kinda cool, but then again it leaves me wanting that "first time feeling".

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Much like Le Kavasseur, I felt mild relaxation from the start and was happy with that. I could try to increase the dose back then and just end up sick rather than getting a stronger effect from the kava.

It took me at least a month, if not two, until I really started gettin' whopped good. I alternated between heavy kavas and light kavas and also combined them. That's when I settled on the 6-8 Tbsp being the necessary minimum to really feel what any particular kava has to offer.