What's new

Opening a kava bar

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Bula, iam trying to get help on opening a kava ba please, costing to everything, any help will help me alot..thank you

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I doubt you will get much information from the bar owners here unless they are looking to franchise - or what you would get would be so general as to not be of much help. Your best bet is to go talk to small business owners in the area you want to open your kava bar. I was curious myself about a year or so ago - and spent time talking to a few bar (alcohol) owners, a small custom tea shop, a coffee bar owner, a craft brewer, and even a few food truck vendors. Then with this information make yourself a realistic business plan and have it reviewed and critiqued by those who already run business. They can tell you the pitfalls of owning a small business - and see if your plan can deal with it. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. In addition, serving a beverage that people drink carries a health risk component as well that will need to be addressed. Good luck.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
With the cost of kava and employees, these two things alone, it seems like the overhead would be a difficult thing to manage. You're going to have to do your own research and be prepared for issues you didn't anticipate.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
With the cost of kava and employees, these two things alone, it seems like the overhead would be a difficult thing to manage. You're going to have to do your own research and be prepared for issues you didn't anticipate.
Running a small business is tough, very tough. Doubly so when you are attempting to sell a product that not many people know about, and does not really taste good. If I was going to move forward I was going to go one of two ways (1) mobile food truck operation - cheap to get started, low/no rent, lots of festivals in our area, part time deal or (2) start by either getting some free space or low rent space on Friday and Saturday nights near the local colleges and start a very low key come by and hang out kind of business, almost under the radar- until you gain enough of a following to sustain a "real" business.