What's new

Kava Recipe Other Islands Banana

KavaCat

Meow.
I called this recipe Other Islands Banana, because the flavors are inspired by the islands on the other side of the US. ;)

Ingredients
-1 good ripe banana.
-2 cups milk
-1 tbsp molasses
-Sugar or sweetener to taste
-A couple drops of rum flavoring (not actual rum), they sell it near the vanilla, in the baking aisle, at grocery stores.
-Instant or micro kava, a few spoons, to your taste

Blend everything, and top with some ice cubes. :) The viscosity holds the kava in suspension pretty well! No need to stir constantly. If you don't have molasses, brown sugar probably works, but I like the stronger taste of the plain molasses. Also, don't recommend going over one banana, since it could put too much fiber in your stomach and dull your kava experience. If that is a concern, you could probably use a half of a banana, if it were very very ripe. Note also that this recipe tastes pretty rich, because of the combo of milk/ banana. If you're a light eater, maybe use half water and half milk, so it's thinner.

D

Deleted User01

Nice recipe. So how much instant Kava or Micronized Kava should be put in there so it takes us back to our favorite Island? :D I say 2 tablespoons of Micronized or Instant should do the trick.

KavaCat

Meow.
Nice recipe. So how much instant Kava or Micronized Kava should be put in there so it takes us back to our favorite Island? :D I say 2 tablespoons of Micronized or Instant should do the trick.
Yeah, that's about what I used. I felt pretty nice, but everyone has their own tolerances, so I'd leave it up to the person making it. You know, whatever you usually put in your cocktail. It makes about 3 cups.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@KavaCat, great recipe, thanks!!! (y)
I tried something similar to that (using ripe banana) a while back. I thought it tasted great. Unfortunately, it gave me major gas and after I found out how many carbs are in a banana, I just about crapped myself. ::uhhuhhz:: If your not on a low-carb diet (like me), then that's not a problem. But the gas is another story. :(