Change background image

Pacific Elixir Traditional Kava

Discussion in 'The Kava Society (New Zealand)' started by aviavieu, Oct 11, 2018.

1. aviavieu

aviavieu Member

How do you rate this product? Is Kava strong? Is she very pleasant?
  2. Kapmcrunk

Kapmcrunk The Kaptain of Crunk KavaForums Founder

This is a question best suited for @Henry

I'm sure he'll be able to give you a good description.
  3. Henry

Henry Kava Enthusiast Moderator The Kava Society of New Zealand

It varies a bit from batch to batch, as it's a blend of cultivars and its precise composition is subject to their availability.
    The current batch is quite heady (A high K to DHM ratio) and has around 10.5% kavalactones

Overall, the whole idea behind this kava is to encapsulate the essence of pretty much what kava is famous for. It's really relaxing, but not too sedating. It's nicely euphoric, without making one too edgy or overly alert. It has an interesting kava flavour without being too bitter.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    kavamehameha likes this.
  4. JonT

JonT Kava Enthusiast

It's the most consistently good kava I've had over the years. I think only GHK's Mahakea could challenge that in my experience so far. By consistent I don't mean the effects are identical each time, rather I mean I have never had a disappointing batch. Yes, I prefer some batches to others (the one prior to this was probably my least favourite, but least favourite needs to be taken in context of the quality of this kava...) but I've never had any batches give negative effects or no effects.
    Crunked and Henry like this.