What's new

Vendor News PayPal taken down at Ozia (kava candy)

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Hi All,
It looks like PayPal has taken us down for selling kava and kava candy. Not sure exactly why as we have been selling since about 2007 (over 10 years). Trying to work with PayPal to get back up.

Wanted to reach out to see if anyone (vendors) have had any good experiences / or bad with certain payment merchants?
Many thanks for any feedback and hope you all have a Happy 4th!

If you are looking for Kava Candy, please feel free to purchase on Amazon.
Aloha,
Steve

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks @Henry - maybe that is it - shipping product to EU. Been with PayPal for over 10 years so not sure why they are doing this now.
You sure it's not because of the legal gray area of mailing oil to all 50 states? I know there are other kava vendors using Paypal.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
You sure it's not because of the legal gray area of mailing oil to all 50 states? I know there are other kava vendors using Paypal.
You might be right. The reason from PayPal was specifically for kava candy and kava powder. Our oil was moved to our sister site (https://o2wellness.org/) so no payments were processing on the Ozia and the purchase flagged was for kava. Its hard to determine if this was the real reason.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
You might be right. The reason was specifically for kava candy and kava powder. Our oil was moved to our sister site (https://o2wellness.org/) so no payments were processing on the Ozia. Its hard to determine if this was the real reason.
Man; if its really the kava, that doesn't bode well (or just an example of how liability concerns are ruining the world: yay, ::yay2:: lawyers!).

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Is this only concerning payments with PayPal or also credit/debit card payments (which are being processed by PayPal, but no PayPal account is needed)?

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Is this only concerning payments with PayPal or also credit/debit card payments (which are being processed by PayPal, but no PayPal account is needed)?
we were using PayPal for pretty much everything and CC were being run through PayPal as well so when paypal went down that stopped any and all orders for us ;( Not to worry as we are working to get it back up.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
I know it's getting harder to get kava imported via mail to Australia. It's never been legal, but up until a few months ago many packages were seemingly making it through the customs. More recently I've heard of a couple of cases of people actually threatened with prosecution and much stricter enforcement of the ban. From what I remember, another vendor got their paypal account suspended precisely because they were sending kava to Australia.
Yes, thinking this might be the issue but the order flagged was a domestic order for 4 packs of Kava candy..nothing special or different so not sure why this particular order set off the PayPal alarms.

Crunked

Proselytizer
More recently I've heard of a couple of cases of people actually threatened with prosecution and much stricter enforcement of the ban. From what I remember, another vendor got their paypal account suspended precisely because they were sending kava to Australia.
OMG, just think of the havoc and mayhem if that substance had been let in. There would have been people sitting around with silly grins on their faces. Thank goodness that catastrophe was averted.

The price of unhappiness is eternal vigilance.