What's new

Pineal cyst and kava ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schatz

itchin for kava
Has anybody heard of pineal cysts and how kava has helped. I seem to have one and kava is about the only thing that helps. I am going to the Mayo clinic on Monday and see what they say about them if anyone here is interested or has one of these I will report my findings. They say that 1/4 of the population has a pineal cyst and they are usually found incidentally through an autopsy or an MRI of head and consencus on the internet runs the gamut from you will die from it to no symptoms are related or caused by them. Just curious.

verticity

I'm interested in things
From what I gather, they usually don't have any symptoms. But if you do have symptoms from it, I doubt kava would do anything to help... but you say kava does help.. so what symptoms do you have that kava is helping with?

verticity

I'm interested in things
Any of these? "...symptoms could include headache, unexpected seizures, visual disturbances, memory loss, cognitive decline, muscle fasciculations, nausea, weakness, fatigue, light sensitivity, tinnitus, circadian rhythm dysfunction, or hydrocephalus" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineal_gland_cyst

Also, have you been diagnosed with an MRI? Or is your diagnosis based on symptoms?

schatz

itchin for kava
Any of these? "...symptoms could include headache, unexpected seizures, visual disturbances, memory loss, cognitive decline, muscle fasciculations, nausea, weakness, fatigue, light sensitivity, tinnitus, circadian rhythm dysfunction, or hydrocephalus" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineal_gland_cyst

Also, have you been diagnosed with an MRI? Or is your diagnosis based on symptoms?
Hello Verticity, I have bee getting worsenning symptoms for a couple years now including fine motor skills, gate,fatigue,headaches,memory loss,caugnitve decline,tinnunitus and REM sleepdisorder. After seeing several naturopaths over the last year or so my wife finally talked me in to going to a doctor and he ran all the usual blood work and it came back normal. So he ordered an MRI and that is how I found out and they pretty much said it wasn't the cause of symptoms.After much researching I am going to get an opinion from the Mayo in Phoenix tommorow and see what they say. They are pretty much the only mainstream medical opinion I value at this point. I took my wife up there 10 years ago after seeing many doctors for over a year here and all had different opinions. I went upto the Mayo where they noticed she had a cyst on her original x rays that all the other docs had missed, so they biopsied it and found it to be malignent and operated the next day saving her life in the nick of time. It turned out to be a very aggressive bone cancer and would have killed her within afew months if not diagnosed and removed. And it did cure the original knee pain that we were trying to diagnose.So we will see what they have to say. Also by the way, the cyst in her bone was a type of cyst that 25 % of the population has also that only turns malignent in some cases, but when it does you better have the right docs.Oh and kava has been helping me with the sleep condition a little and also general anxiety I have from whatever this is .

verticity

I'm interested in things
Hello Verticity, I have bee getting worsenning symptoms for a couple years now including fine motor skills, gate,fatigue,headaches,memory loss,caugnitve decline,tinnunitus and REM sleepdisorder. After seeing several naturopaths over the last year or so my wife finally talked me in to going to a doctor and he ran all the usual blood work and it came back normal. So he ordered an MRI and that is how I found out and they pretty much said it wasn't the cause of symptoms.After much researching I am going to get an opinion from the Mayo in Phoenix tommorow and see what they say. They are pretty much the only mainstream medical opinion I value at this point. I took my wife up there 10 years ago after seeing many doctors for over a year here and all had different opinions. I went upto the Mayo where they noticed she had a cyst on her original x rays that all the other docs had missed, so they biopsied it and found it to be malignent and operated the next day saving her life in the nick of time. It turned out to be a very aggressive bone cancer and would have killed her within afew months if not diagnosed and removed. And it did cure the original knee pain that we were trying to diagnose.So we will see what they have to say. Also by the way, the cyst in her bone was a type of cyst that 25 % of the population has also that only turns malignent in some cases, but when it does you better have the right docs.Oh and kava has been helping me with the sleep condition a little and also general anxiety I have from whatever this is .
Well best of luck to you. You will be in good hands at the Mayo clinic, as they are the best.

schatz

itchin for kava
Back from the Mayo late yesterday evening. Very well run system and very efficient, ran me through a regime of tests and x rays all in one day, and they will let me know results or if further testing is necessary soon by phone unless it is something major. One thing I have found to be left out of questions asked by health professionals is how your nutrition is? Maybe how do you eat and what, would be a good start. It just seems like our medical system disregards the importance of what we are putting in, which to me I think should be the place to start, being a mechanic by profession I dont know. Highly recommend the Mayo if you have a serious issue that no one can figure out though. Oh by the way they said the cyst was not the cause of my symptoms and just needs to be MRIed in 6 months or so for growth changes. They really do not want to do surgery in this area unless necesary wich is understandable with it being the seat of my soul and all and also a third eye.Just thought I would update if anybody is interested.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yes food is what even many naturopaths and herbalist even avoid .
Food is medicine . And poison. Taking a food daily or even weekly that does not vibe with you for years is equivalent to taking a drug that's not for you for years daily.. although.
We just pretend they are different. Because I love my bread !

blindy107

Kava Lover
Food is medicine . And poison. Taking a food daily or even weekly that does not vibe with you for years is equivalent to taking a drug that's not for you for years daily.. although.
Too much breakfast cereal will calcify that pineal up!

schatz

itchin for kava
I have been looking at what I eat for the last 15 years, buying a grassfed cow every year and eating from scratch pretty much nothing out of a box,bag or can. We try to make everything from scratch from sauerkruat to bbq sauce to salad dressings and the last 6 months or so have gone wheat free and formed my first solid Mr. Hanky in 30 years. Amazing what food does.

schatz

itchin for kava
Too much breakfast cereal will calcify that pineal up!
Have never allowed cereal in the house though. My kids growing up called me the food nazi, always cooked eggs or had fruit in A.M. Now when I was a kid I lived on that stuff in the 70"s. So maybe that had something to do with it although it was'nt all GMO"S back then, who knows.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Back from the Mayo late yesterday evening. Very well run system and very efficient, ran me through a regime of tests and x rays all in one day, and they will let me know results or if further testing is necessary soon by phone unless it is something major. One thing I have found to be left out of questions asked by health professionals is how your nutrition is? Maybe how do you eat and what, would be a good start. It just seems like our medical system disregards the importance of what we are putting in, which to me I think should be the place to start, being a mechanic by profession I dont know. Highly recommend the Mayo if you have a serious issue that no one can figure out though. Oh by the way they said the cyst was not the cause of my symptoms and just needs to be MRIed in 6 months or so for growth changes. They really do not want to do surgery in this area unless necesary wich is understandable with it being the seat of my soul and all and also a third eye.Just thought I would update if anybody is interested.
Still no known cause for the symptoms then?

violet

Do all things with love
Many suspect that excess amounts of fluoride and to a lesser extent bromide can play a part in pineal glad calcification. This goes in hand with suboptimal iodine levels. Many use iodine to displace these lighter halogens, sometimes reporting particularly nasty detox reactions. We get lots of excess fluoride/bromide exposure in the modern Western world, even with mindful health habits (lots of it in processed cereal grains, which could perhaps explain the breakfast cereal comment?)

"Sungazing" in early dawn and/or late twilight is said to be very beneficial to the pineal gland and all of its functions.

schatz

itchin for kava
Many suspect that excess amounts of fluoride and to a lesser extent bromide can play a part in pineal glad calcification. This goes in hand with suboptimal iodine levels. Many use iodine to displace these lighter halogens, sometimes reporting particularly nasty detox reactions. We get lots of excess fluoride/bromide exposure in the modern Western world, even with mindful health habits (lots of it in processed cereal grains, which could perhaps explain the breakfast cereal comment?)

"Sungazing" in early dawn and/or late twilight is said to be very beneficial to the pineal gland and all of its functions.
Very interesting, maybe thats why I have always had a special enjoyment of twilight chasing. I have also read how flouride acts on the pineal in other reading, interesting. For the last ten years I have avoided flouride as much as possible using Toms toothpaste and avoiding bromide by making my own sourdough bread. But perhaps the damage had already been done. I have also been using iodine topically for cuts instead of neosporin or what not, and ingesting Lugols solution orally for quite some time. We have very enlightening conversations here on the kava forums that is why I love it here so much.Thank you Violet.

Status
Not open for further replies.