What's new

Please help. Is anyone experiencing shipping issues coming from Hawaii ?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Lately, when I order Kava that originates from a vendor in Hawaii, strange things happen.
Package disappears from online tracking history, and never arrives.
Often, once the package apparently leaves the Honolulu P.O., it seems like it immediately falls into the abyss, never to be
seen from, heard from, or scanned from again.
Has anyone ordered from a Hawaiian vendor recently, and used USPS shipping, and if so, were there any issues ?
If not, does anyone have any theories on why this might be happening ?

Last edited:
N

Noname

I order from ghk with no problems. Are you sure your package isn't stolen from your front door?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Do your packages arrive?
I order from ghk with no problems. Are you sure your package isn't stolen from your front door?
No they simply do not arrive - or even show a history of tracking. And I am certain they weren't stolen, because their tracking requires them to scan it as "Delivered" status once they deliver it, no matter where the mail carrier leaves the package. If it was stolen, it would still show "Delivered" by the PO. The PO personnel has confirmed they don't know where it is, that they never delivered it, and my "home branch" confirms it never arrived in their facility.

So that box has gone about 2 weeks without arriving from Hawaii to the U.S. Another one ordered just days after the first, is following the same pattern as the 1st. Tracking history shows it leaving the Honolulu PO, like the 1st one, and then totally "disappearing off radar" for good. And in my experience the package is usually scanned at P.O. facilities in transit before it gets to the destination on the US mainland - in other words, cities between Honolulu and my destination.

But it's following the same pattern as the missing package from the other time, so I'm concerned I'll end up with yet another missing package. Repeatedly, they fall into some "abyss" once they get to the Honolulu PO. So basically I am suspecting something bad is happening at the Honolulu P.O.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This has to be something up with USPS. They've had some pretty serious delays in major hubs due to the snow storm that swept across...basically the entire east.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I have ordered numerous times from GHK, Kava Kauai, and FijiMarket all in Hawaii and never had a problem, all items arrived within a week. Usually exactly a week, but that was cool. Sorry to hear you are having problems. My son in Montreal has ordered from GHK a few times and never had any problem getting deliveries to Canada.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I have ordered numerous times from GHK, Kava Kauai, and FijiMarket all in Hawaii and never had a problem, all items arrived within a week. Usually exactly a week, but that was cool. Sorry to hear you are having problems. My son in Montreal has ordered from GHK a few times and never had any problem getting deliveries to Canada.
Were any of them recent ?
I too, had not ever had a problem in the past, which is why I'm very concerned about this uncharacteristic activity, and why I think the issue is something that came up recent.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Rest assured that I will take care of you, let me know if you do not get your packages. You are not the only one who has noticed this. Again, let me know if I can help. Aloha.

Chris

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
GHK is great about getting orders out, sometimes it takes a bit longer because it ships from an island, but everything always arrives here in Canada. USPS is pretty lackluster most of the time so I wouldn't doubt if there is an issue on that end.

Last edited:

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I made a couple orders from GHK within the last couple of months and didn't have any problems. Once in a while there is a little lag between creation of shipping label and getting to the post-office, which I always interpret as just "life." I have, however, noticed that the USPS scans are not terribly detailed once it leaves Honolulu. Often I just get a bunch of "in transit to destination" messages with no info on where it actually is. Then it just pops up at the regional USPS distribution center and shows up in my mail box the next day.
How many packages have you actually had never arrive?

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Is Richmond, CA usually the next stop after it leaves Honolulu ?
Most of the time, yes. Richmond is a notorious 4th dimensional black hole that traps all shipping between Hawaii and the mainland.

Just about a year ago
my shipment hit the road
seekin' my kavalactones
and lookin' for that bag of gold.
Things got bad, and things got worse
I guess you will know the tune
Oh lord, stuck in Richmond again

--Creedence Brownwater Revial, "Stuck in Richmond"

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Short answer is no. I routinely order from GHK and on average my kava makes it to me in 5-6 days. Usually 2-3 from order to getting to Kurtistown and then 2-3 days to get to the East Coast. On occasion it has taken longer to get the order filled (like during holiday weeks...) but in general Chris is pretty good at getting the order out in a few days. After that tracking has been spotty but usually tracks the correct day listed.