What's new

Poison Ivy & Amlactin

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I have severe allergic reactions when I come into contact with poison ivy, I was doing some gardening work last week and have the feeling I may have come across some, I have a rash developing and I know it is not dermo, it's likely poison ivy. My question is, does anyone know if Amlactin can help speed up the healing process?

verticity

I'm interested in things
I have severe allergic reactions when I come into contact with poison ivy, I was doing some gardening work last week and have the feeling I may have come across some, I have a rash developing and I know it is not dermo, it's likely poison ivy. My question is, does anyone know if Amlactin can help speed up the healing process?
I wouldn't recommend Amlactin for Poison Ivy: it will sting a lot. Try aloe vera maybe.

verticity

I'm interested in things
If it gets bad you can use some corticosteroid cream to prevent itching and inflammation (you would need a prescription for the strong kind -- but you can get hydrocortisone cream over the counter, which is a mild corticosteroid).

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
If it gets bad you can use some corticosteroid cream to prevent itching and inflammation (you would need a prescription for the strong kind -- but you can get hydrocortisone cream over the counter, which is a mild corticosteroid).
The problem is I will scratch it at night and wake up with a new rash somewhere else, it is starting to drive me nuts and speaking of nuts, yeah let's just say that has not been fun.

verticity

I'm interested in things
The problem is I will scratch it at night and wake up with a new rash somewhere else, it is starting to drive me nuts and speaking of nuts, yeah let's just say that has not been fun.
Yeah, well the steroid cream should help with the itching. If it's really bad see your doc for a prescription for the strong stuff.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Yeah, well the steroid cream should help with the itching. If it's really bad see your doc for a prescription for the strong stuff.
Here is hoping that the kava will dry it out, I'd trade poison ivy for dermo any day of the week.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Just posted this in another thread. I recommend trying it:
http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/dermo-questions.8493/page-3#post-102662

They have it here at Walgreens

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
If it's really bad just do like I do and go to the corner urgent care store and get a cortizone shot and maybe some pills. It will stop you from wanting to die.

Reactions: EQ

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin