What's new

Pollen allergy

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
I suffer a lot from pollen allergy, and springtime sure is tough here where I live.
I've before posted a thread about a weird cross-reaction when I drink alcohol on weekends. From my personal experience, I've learned that I need about 2-3 days without any kava before drinking alcohol, and everything should be OK.

But as of lately, I've noticed that my face is more red than ever every day (without consuming kava or alcohol), especially under my eyes, and there are also some pretty visible dark circles around them. It looks a bit like this cross-reaction between kava and alcohol that I have experienced before. I can't remember that my face looked like this last spring.

My question is, is there anybody here who also suffers from allergy in springtime? Are your symptoms with redness etc., the same as me?
Being the anxious person I am, I have thought that my redness is due to this cross-reaction from kava and alcohol that just stays on my face forever. But I do not hope and think thats true :)

D

Deleted User01

Yeah, I live in allergy hell too. I had to take some Benadryl because I couldn't stop scratching my arms. I had a mild case of hives he seems. Probably from working with plants so now I wear long sleeve shirts. I don't get red-face because my skin is dark complected but I can surely sympathize with a skin reaction like you are having. Also, I finally decided that my allergies were making me sluggish. Of course, I blamed the kava for that until I felt that way the day after no kava. My worse allergy is mold but I'm sure pollen can make people feel like hell also. It's funny how Kava is always the likely suspect when things don't feel right but then is exonerated and with a full pardon.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, I live in allergy hell too. I had to take some Benadryl because I couldn't stop scratching my arms. I had a mild case of hives he seems. Probably from working with plants so now I wear long sleeve shirts. I don't get red-face because my skin is dark complected but I can surely sympathize with a skin reaction like you are having. Also, I finally decided that my allergies were making me sluggish. Of course, I blamed the kava for that until I felt that way the day after no kava. My worse allergy is mold but I'm sure pollen can make people feel like hell also. It's funny how Kava is always the likely suspect when things don't feel right but then is exonerated and with a full pardon.
I was driving around top down with the top down today and I got the hives thing too. I drank a nice helping last night so it's easy to blame the kava. April is a bad month to have this conversation!

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
I suffer a lot from pollen allergy, and springtime sure is tough here where I live.
I've before posted a thread about a weird cross-reaction when I drink alcohol on weekends. From my personal experience, I've learned that I need about 2-3 days without any kava before drinking alcohol, and everything should be OK.

But as of lately, I've noticed that my face is more red than ever every day (without consuming kava or alcohol), especially under my eyes, and there are also some pretty visible dark circles around them. It looks a bit like this cross-reaction between kava and alcohol that I have experienced before. I can't remember that my face looked like this last spring.

My question is, is there anybody here who also suffers from allergy in springtime? Are your symptoms with redness etc., the same as me?
Being the anxious person I am, I have thought that my redness is due to this cross-reaction from kava and alcohol that just stays on my face forever. But I do not hope and think thats true :)
If you know you are going to have ONE beer and TWO if your arm is pulled too hard, you will survive the ordeal. This is my experience, anyway. I have not gone beyond that but I know that if I do, I would be in for some sort of adventure. I have heard of people saying that they drink one beer in the same week that they drink kava and they feel like a five year old. My goal coming into this was to eliminate happy hour specials from my life and I have certainly done so for my first few weeks in the kava game. However, making a definitive decision to quit drinking is a tough one. There are so many social functions that tend to call for A beer or drink and I do travel internationally. I can't think of the last time I didn't drink a beer as soon as possible after my plane landed. As far as your face, I love tea tree oil and a good non-comedogenic lotion, day and night. Like I was mentioning before, spring time is a weird time to talk about these reactions but the tea tree oil and good lotion only help your face anyways.

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
@Deleted User01 @Pacifico You guys are probably right. Springtime is not the ideal time for this conversation, because a lot of people feel this shit everyday :).
I guess when we consume an exotic or new substance, we tend to be more aware of our body and how everything is functioning. If something is just merely wrong with us, it's really easy to blame the kava at first hand. I'm actually quiet happy that I'm aware of this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.