What's new

Positive thoughts needed!

moduinne4

Kava Curious
After my early January bout with Dermo, that I thought was over, I resumed about 2 weeks later with medium grind.
Only to have full body peeling. No pain this time just itchy and full skin flake/peel.
I took the rest of January and all of February off. Continued to exfoliate/focus on water only (no coffee, no soda, etc) and moisturize. I have a few orders coming this week and will attempt to resume.

Please pray for me! Or send positive vibes if praying isn’t your thing. It’s been a rough time. Crappy sleep and anxiety through the roof.
I hope I can successfully resume with medium grind only now that it REALLY seems to be over. Thanks y’all!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
After my early January bout with Dermo, that I thought was over, I resumed about 2 weeks later with medium grind.
Only to have full body peeling. No pain this time just itchy and full skin flake/peel.
I took the rest of January and all of February off. Continued to exfoliate/focus on water only (no coffee, no soda, etc) and moisturize. I have a few orders coming this week and will attempt to resume.

Please pray for me! Or send positive vibes if praying isn’t your thing. It’s been a rough time. Crappy sleep and anxiety through the roof.
I hope I can successfully resume with medium grind only now that it REALLY seems to be over. Thanks y’all!
Good luck! I find what is working for me is only drink medium grind, only use aluball and/or trad prep with good bags, drink lots of water, eat a spoon of coconut oil every day, and finally, I drink my grog out of a special metal straw designed for Yerba mate called a bombilla. This seems to work for me.

moduinne4

Kava Curious
Good luck! I find what is working for me is only drink medium grind, only use aluball and/or trad prep with good bags, drink lots of water, eat a spoon of coconut oil every day, and finally, I drink my grog out of a special metal straw designed for Yerba mate called a bombilla. This seems to work for me.
i am wondering if my bags were some of the issue of it continuing. I ordered an alu ball yesterday.

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I guess I'm lucky. I drink 4 to 6 shells per day for years, and never had a dermo issue.

Maybe you could try an aveeno oatmeal bath

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast

Will do.

moduinne4

Kava Curious
What is this special straw you speak of? What does it do? I’ve not had ‘Mate yet.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
What is this special straw you speak of? What does it do? I’ve not had ‘Mate yet.
A bombilla is a straw with a little filter on the bottom end. Sometimes it's a coil of stainless steel wire, or a silver ball with a bunch off pinprick sized holes in it. That's the traditional way to drink loose yerba mate. Pretty good stuff if you enjoy green tea, or herbal infusions.

Also: sending positive thoughts your way. Sometimes a change in the weather, or a new kava cultivar will make all the difference.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
A bombilla is a straw with a little filter on the bottom end. Sometimes it's a coil of stainless steel wire, or a silver ball with a bunch off pinprick sized holes in it. That's the traditional way to drink loose yerba mate. Pretty good stuff if you enjoy green tea, or herbal infusions.

Also: sending positive thoughts your way. Sometimes a change in the weather, or a new kava cultivar will make all the difference.
yup a combo spoon and straw, you stir the grog before each sip. Also, if there is ice you just put in warmish grog you can aim your sipping for the coolest spot.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
yup a combo spoon and straw, you stir the grog before each sip.
At first I was like "noooooo, stirring it will mess up the mountain!"

Then I remembered you're talking about kava. ::chugger::

I'm kind of particular about mate. Fill the gourd. Flip it. Shake it. Turn it a little bit sideways. Shake some more. Gently turn it right side up. Insert the bombilla, with your finger over the end. Moisten the yerba with cold water. Let it sit for a few minutes. Add hot water. Take the first bitter pull. Maybe wiggle the bombilla a little bit. Push the mountain back down a little bit. Only then is the mate ready. :)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
At first I was like "noooooo, stirring it will mess up the mountain!"

Then I remembered you're talking about kava. ::chugger::

I'm kind of particular about mate. Fill the gourd. Flip it. Shake it. Turn it a little bit sideways. Shake some more. Gently turn it right side up. Insert the bombilla, with your finger over the end. Moisten the yerba with cold water. Let it sit for a few minutes. Add hot water. Take the first bitter pull. Maybe wiggle the bombilla a little bit. Push the mountain back down a little bit. Only then is the mate ready. :)
Oh yes with mate once everything is set you never ever move or budge the bombilla, not even one little tiny bit. It stay fixed until the gourd is played.

superspeedkit

Kava Curious

I never had dry skin until I started drinking kava and now it is basically all winter that I have to apply Amlactin over basically my entire body after a shower and once or twice again throughout the day in trouble spots (usually sides of torso, arms). Highly annoying, but worth it for me. The alpha-hydroxy is the active ingredient that you're looking for. I think all types of Amlactin have it, though you can also find it in other brands. If there's a sunburn warning on the back of the bottle, you know you've got the good stuff.
I also mix in a Tbs or so of black seed oil, jojoba oil, rosehip oil, and Roman chamomile oil or any combination thereof. I think they do make a difference in keeping my skin more stable, especially the black seed oil, which is also a natural antihistamine (histamine being one probable source of skin problems with kava). Hope that helps!

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I only had dermo once and Amlactin helped a ton like others have said. I do think Kava makes my winter itch a little more pronounced though.
I think using extra water helps. My nightly drink is two to three lightly filled Aluballs. I use about 8 to 10 ounces of water for each wash and do five washes. I only shake for a minute. I figure this makes sure I don't miss any Kava and makes sure I drink plenty of water per session.

moduinne4

Kava Curious
I only had dermo once and Amlactin helped a ton like others have said. I do think Kava makes my winter itch a little more pronounced though.
I think using extra water helps. My nightly drink is two to three lightly filled Aluballs. I use about 8 to 10 ounces of water for each wash and do five washes. I only shake for a minute. I figure this makes sure I don't miss any Kava and makes sure I drink plenty of water per session.
Thank you! I ordered from you yesterday and pray it’s here by Wednesday lol. I’m in VA.

moduinne4

Kava Curious
I never had dry skin until I started drinking kava and now it is basically all winter that I have to apply Amlactin over basically my entire body after a shower and once or twice again throughout the day in trouble spots (usually sides of torso, arms). Highly annoying, but worth it for me. The alpha-hydroxy is the active ingredient that you're looking for. I think all types of Amlactin have it, though you can also find it in other brands. If there's a sunburn warning on the back of the bottle, you know you've got the good stuff.
I also mix in a Tbs or so of black seed oil, jojoba oil, rosehip oil, and Roman chamomile oil or any combination thereof. I think they do make a difference in keeping my skin more stable, especially the black seed oil, which is also a natural antihistamine (histamine being one probable source of skin problems with kava). Hope that helps!
I’ve been using a pretty legit moisturizer but have amlactin on hand now for the future.
Or should I use it daily anyway to stay ahead of any dermo?

moduinne4

Kava Curious
I mailed it yesterday, I giggled a little because I have to head down your way to get my Can Am Spyder aligned and the closest place is in Chesapeake.
VA is for KaVA ::chugger::
Yeah Chesapeake is right next door, as you know! I had no idea any vendors were here! Do a lot of people from VA order?? I see many perfect beach days in my summer future.
Now that I know you’re here, I am forever ordering from you or just working out a way to pick it up LOL.
But it shipped yesterday and comes tonight. WORKS FOR ME! CASE CLOSED!

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Yeah Chesapeake is right next door, as you know! I had no idea any vendors were here! Do a lot of people from VA order?? I see many perfect beach days in my summer future.
Now that I know you’re here, I am forever ordering from you or just working out a way to pick it up LOL.
But it shipped yesterday and comes tonight. WORKS FOR ME! CASE CLOSED!
Yeah shipping is probably cheaper than paying for the gas and with that crazy Hampton Roads traffic it takes me at least 1.5 hours to get to VA Beach. I kind of live in the Smurf Village of Virginia, you make a right at BFE and then go another 20 miles lol. Yeah I have small group of VA regulars.