What's new

Problem with BHK Instant?

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Its probably just me, being a relative newbie, but has anyone had a problem with the BHK instant? Made a small batch last week and wasn't sure if I liked it or not, got the sneezes and itchy dry eyes as well, although that could have just been allergies. Made up another batch today and had one shell followed by another about 30 minutes later. Tastes fine, felt the calming effect, but about 3 hours on I've got the worst stomach ache - probably feels more like cramping. I've not had this in a long time, and I haven't eaten anything unusual in the past few days. Traveling Thursday to UK so anxiety about that might be a part of it.
Will restrain from any kava for a day or so - if that's possible - and see what happens.

D

Deleted User01

I think BHK Instant is ok. I would wait till you get back from your trip and try it again in a nice calm relaxed environment. The last few days, I have itchy eyes too and I wanted to blame it on the potency of the Hanapaki Ai' but my wife (doesn't do kava) had all the same symptoms and reminded me that the mold is rampant right now because of the humidity. Mold is easily my worst allergy. Good luck on round 2!

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Thanks Deleted User01! I'm pretty sure you're right! BKH has great kava - ordered their sample pack and no problems there.

I think it's just me!!!

KavaCat

Meow.
I got a bit of digestive issues from BHK's instant as well, and didn't find it even really gave me enough effects to excuse this. Regular kava gives me no problems usually.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I got a bit of digestive issues from BHK's instant as well, and didn't find it even really gave me enough effects to excuse this. Regular kava gives me no problems usually.
Interesting! I made up some borogu yesterday and a bit of nene before bed and no problems. No digestive issues at all and the nene helped me with an awesome sleep!!

KavaCat

Meow.
Interesting! I made up some borogu yesterday and a bit of nene before bed and no problems. No digestive issues at all and the nene helped me with an awesome sleep!!
Yeah, it didn't happen every time I had it. But definitely some of the time, just like you said. Stomach cramping. I thought maybe it was just me, but I guess not.