What's new

Random Increases in Tolerance

Bert07

Me like da kava
I've read about this having happened before to people and ever since these past few nights, this has been the case for me. On what used to get me feeling VERY nice (almost too nice) a couple of days ago, now gets me nowhere. I even tried increasing my tablespoons and potentiating with fatty foods...yet still nothing in effect. How I drink has always stayed the same as well - on a completely empty stomach, etc. The only thing I can think of that has changed is I am at the bottom of the bag. Perhaps bottom of the bag kava isn't as potent; maybe something to do with the manufacturing process. I have no clue.

D

Deleted User01

Rock and Roll!!!! :woot: Errr, sorry, I thought this was the Woodstock forum and it needed rekindling. :banghead: Concentrate, kava forum, kava forum, kava forum ....
Bert ole boy, I have never experienced that. Now, that being said, I have always been a kava liteweight and I have received all the benefits of kava and effortlessly. My theory is that you become more susceptible to kava as time goes on , not the opposite. I like your bottom of the bag theory. It 's the only thing that make sense to me ... remember ... to me. Try switching to another kava when you get to the bottom of the barrel on the first one and see what that does. Perhaps you need to switch kavas in mid stream to keep your groove going. Or maybe switch in "mid bag". Maybe you become tolerant to that strain over time and you need to switch them around. That doesn't happen to me. I always have 2-3 strains of GHK micronized on tap and I may even do 3 different shells in one day. But I'm not that extravagant, I really do stop when I feel effects and my root lasts longer than most. And when I say "my root lasts longer", I'm talking about kava of course. :D

P.S.
And for all of you religious fanatics, Kava is not the root of all evil. It's the opposite, evil is the root of not having kava. So put that in your pipe and smoke it. :D

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
Rock and Roll!!!! :woot: Errr, sorry, I thought this was the Woodstock forum and it needed rekindling. :banghead: Concentrate, kava forum, kava forum, kava forum ....
Bert ole boy, I have never experienced that. Now, that being said, I have always been a kava liteweight and I have received all the benefits of kava and effortlessly. My theory is that you become more susceptible to kava as time goes on , not the opposite. I like your bottom of the bag theory. It 's the only thing that make sense to me ... remember ... to me. Try switching to another kava when you get to the bottom of the barrel on the first one and see what that does. Perhaps you need to switch kavas in mid stream to keep your groove going. Or maybe switch in "mid bag". Maybe you become tolerant to that strain over time and you need to switch them around. That doesn't happen to me. I always have 2-3 strains of GHK micronized on tap and I may even do 3 different shells in one day. But I'm not that extravagant, I really do stop when I feel effects and my root lasts longer than most. And when I say "my root lasts longer", I'm talking about kava of course. :D

P.S.
And for all of you religious fanatics, Kava is not the root of all evil. It's the opposite, evil is the root of not having kava. So put that in your pipe and smoke it. :D

Are you on kava? You certainly sound like you are :ROFLMAO:.

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
I've read about this having happened before to people and ever since these past few nights, this has been the case for me. On what used to get me feeling VERY nice (almost too nice) a couple of days ago, now gets me nowhere. I even tried increasing my tablespoons and potentiating with fatty foods...yet still nothing in effect. How I drink has always stayed the same as well - on a completely empty stomach, etc. The only thing I can think of that has changed is I am at the bottom of the bag. Perhaps bottom of the bag kava isn't as potent; maybe something to do with the manufacturing process. I have no clue.
Your bottom of the bag theory has been a theory of mine for some time now! Apparently everytime I go to the bottom of the kava-bag, it just doesn't feel as potent. When I open a new one - BULA!

Maybe it has something to do with the freshness of the dried root. If it is not in a closed environment anymore and it gets too much air, the potency will decrease? Maybe? :(

dino9832

Kava Enthusiast
Aw man, I sorta covered a theory on this in another post. I'll repost it, but try not to make a habit of reposting.
Another thing I've noticed is using the same strain seems to have a diminishing effect. It's like, I'll get a new flavor and it's awesome! So, I order a pound of it. And, I feel like I've found my favorite. But, the effect seems to taper off. So, I'll try something new. And it all starts again!..lol.

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
because released kavalactones themselves are more dense than the root itself, they are more likely to be near the top of he bag. that would indeed explain why the bottom of the bag is less potent......nah i made that up. i dont know man, but hope you find your good place again soon

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
because released kavalactones themselves are more dense than the root itself, they are more likely to be near the top of he bag. that would indeed explain why the bottom of the bag is less potent......nah i made that up. i dont know man, but hope you find your good place again soon
rakins.jpg

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Being that I get to the bottom of a bag quite soon after opening it, I guess I've never noticed any loss in potency. ::awesomesmiles::
Actually, you've got to take into consideration the fact that your bag of kava was likely scooped out of the bottom of a
larger bag of kava, that used to be stacked on the bottom of several large bags of kava...and have been laying around
in another country, shipping container or warehouse for several times longer than the amount of time it would take you to finish your bag.
I suppose you could buy a new GHK kava soon after it's release to ensure freshest root and maximum potency...then take 6-18 months
to finish the bag and possibly notice a slight reduction in potency. So basically, I think most of us finish our bags long before
any discernible potency reduction could occur and most of our bags of kava are already relatively old -- top and bottom.

I personally find myself having the strongest experience at the bottom of a bag, but this is due to the fact that
I up the prep at the end of a bag, to try to force that particular kava to reveal it's full effects to me before it's gone.
::chugger::

Bert07

Me like da kava
Your bottom of the bag theory has been a theory of mine for some time now! Apparently everytime I go to the bottom of the kava-bag, it just doesn't feel as potent. When I open a new one - BULA!

Maybe it has something to do with the freshness of the dried root. If it is not in a closed environment anymore and it gets too much air, the potency will decrease? Maybe? :(
Now that I think deeply enough, I can vaguely recollect having said this same thing before in the past. I definitely have a feeling about this "bottom of the bag" theory that it may actually stand true.

Bert07

Me like da kava
Aw man, I sorta covered a theory on this in another post. I'll repost it, but try not to make a habit of reposting.
Funny because I can say exactly the same. I think a while ago I posted this also but even I can't keep track of my own posts, which is why I'm posting again. I'd presume it's safe to say that the majority of the forum topics here are brought up at least more than once. I found it's simply near-to-impossible in knowing what was and wasn't posted, despite having a search bar.

dino9832

Kava Enthusiast
... I'd presume it's safe to say that the majority of the forum topics here are brought up at least more than once. I found it's simply near-to-impossible in knowing what was and wasn't posted, despite having a search bar.
Dude, sometimes having the information right in front of you is WAY more valuable than having it at the mercy of your mad searching skills. I say, let the information flow!