What's new

Recommendations for a heavy Kava you have been enjoying?

Hello all,
In a little bit of a Kava rut right now. Any heavier Kava's you guys have been enjoying?

Thanks and happy shells. :)

Mixnpickngrinnin

Kava Curious
I am mostly on the headies these days but I did just mix up some Fiji Vanua Santa Cruz last night and man that stuff slaps. I love it and always have some around, but i only drink it when i really want to just pass out bc it makes me so tired. I mix it with some lewena to counter the kinda rough taste.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Boronguru, Stone Kava and Melo Melo are three very different ones. Boronguru is least psychoactive but it is pure heavy with minimal sedation. Stone Kava is really strong in a krunky way. Melo Melo may seem lacklustre at first but it is pleasantly long acting heavy and not too sedative, not "front loaded" at all. I have forgotten the especially sedative ones because I did not like these "antipsychotic-like" kavas.

Heavy or more sedative?
I've been transitioning lately and my body SEEMS to be shifting from the heavier to slightly more heady. The "2"'s used to treat me so good. But, lately they have been affecting my balance the next day. And other things. So the "42"s SEEM to be better. A little confusing finding a new variety. The heady Kava's used to make me super anxious. But, the heavy kava's have been really affecting me the next day.

Boronguru, Stone Kava and Melo Melo are three very different ones. Boronguru is least psychoactive but it is pure heavy with minimal sedation. Stone Kava is really strong in a krunky way. Melo Melo may seem lacklustre at first but it is pleasantly long acting heavy and not too sedative, not "front loaded" at all. I have forgotten the especially sedative ones because I did not like these "antipsychotic-like" kavas.
Have tried the "Stone". Man, that Kava is strong. Took me on a bus ride which I needed to kinda get off. :) Ordered some "Melo Melo".

WilliamD

I absolutely don't like the heavy Vanuatu Kavas like Stone and FVK Vanuatu. They paradoxically affect me in pretty much the same way. As a recovering alcoholic, the best thing I can liken their affects to is a bad beer hangover. I can't sleep on the stuff, often for about 24 hours, and I get no euphoria. Fiji Waka 100% lateral roots is my type of heavy, and the best I've found is Squanch Waka. It gives my body and mind the velvet glove treatment, and I sleep great on it.

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
I'm a devoted customer of Kava Time.
Their Gourmet Savusavu Waka is my Number One favorite 'heady' kava. It's also the first kava I tried that actually tastes "good".
They often sell out (which happens with all reputable kava vendors) and when they do, I go for their Taveuni's Secret.
For body kavas their Ambae's varietal is Fire

I've tried so many kava vendors I've lost count. I always come back to Kava Time.
They are located just south of me a couple hours so it's nice to shop local and get my orders so quickly (usually overnight)

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I've been transitioning lately and my body SEEMS to be shifting from the heavier to slightly more heady. The "2"'s used to treat me so good. But, lately they have been affecting my balance the next day. And other things. So the "42"s SEEM to be better. A little confusing finding a new variety. The heady Kava's used to make me super anxious. But, the heavy kava's have been really affecting me the next day.
Maybe try a combo of Santa Cruz and Old roots which are both heavier/sedating, more balanced/sedating than anything. I don't really pay much attention to chemotypes, tbh, I know what I like, lol.

Maybe try a combo of Santa Cruz and Old roots which are both heavier/sedating, more balanced/sedating than anything. I don't really pay much attention to chemotypes, tbh, I know what I like, lol.
Tried the Santa Cruz. It's good!!!!!!! Enjoying the Fiji Vanual Kava's so much right now. The two that I've bought are just stellar.

Last edited: