What's new

Recommendations please

Rachel Mills

Kava Curious
I'm very new to Kava and am trying to find the best Kava for a decent price in bulk can anyone give me recommendations please Thanks

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm very new to Kava and am trying to find the best Kava for a decent price in bulk can anyone give me recommendations please Thanks
Also it depends what you mean by bulk but try www.kavadepot.com . They sell kilos of good kava at good prices. As a quick guide the Solomon's kavas and the Vanuatu Ceremonial would be good for sleep. Maybe the instant green would be best for daytime.

Rachel Mills

Kava Curious
Also it depends what you mean by bulk but try www.kavadepot.com . They sell kilos of good kava at good prices. As a quick guide the Solomon's kavas and the Vanuatu Ceremonial would be good for sleep. Maybe the instant green would be best for daytime.[/QUOT
can you be more specific on what you mean by best. Like the best of the mid-range kavas, or the cheapest of the top tier?
Both I guess I'm so new to this I don't know differences yet but I don't want to buy crappy Kava either I have horrible anxiety and wanted something to help with that not to mention I heard it can help with hot flashes as well so I'm open to any advice

Zaphod

Kava Lover
You should stick with the main vendors that are mentioned on this site. You can scan through the vendor's individual folders on the forum. You really can't go wrong with anything from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava, Bula Kava House, Kalm with Kava, Kavafied, Kava Time, Squanch. Everyone reacts a bit differently to different cultivars so it is best to just jump in and start trying. I find Bula Kava House's Nambawan to be pretty strong, but the price also reflects that. Squanch is a good alternative - strong but more reasonably priced.

Rachel Mills

Kava Curious
You should stick with the main vendors that are mentioned on this site. You can scan through the vendors individual folders on the forum. You really can't go wrong with anything from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava, Bula Kava House, Kalm with Kava, Kavafied, Kava Time, Squanch. Everyone reacts a bit differently to different cultivars so it is best to just jump in and start trying. I find Bula Kava House's Nambawan to be pretty strong, but the price also reflects that. Squanch is a good alternative - strong but more reasonably priced.
Nice thank you so much I'm trying to get privey to Kava Life I'm in love with it lol it has cured my hot flashes and toned my anxiety down so much it's made it tolerable to leave the house so I am forever grateful and just want to learn everything I can about this God sent

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Nice thank you so much I'm trying to get privey to Kava Life I'm in love with it lol it has cured my hot flashes and toned my anxiety down so much it's made it tolerable to leave the house so I am forever grateful and just want to learn everything I can about this God sent
I would add that you can save a lot of money by stretching your kava using preparation techniques. I get six times the amount of grog out of the medium grind I was buying when I started. I couldn't afford it otherwise. (it also got rid of my hot flashes, long story)

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I would add that you can save a lot of money by stretching your kava using preparation techniques. I get six times the amount of grog out of the medium grind I was buying when I started. I couldn't afford it otherwise. (it also got rid of my hot flashes, long story)
I assume that is caused by the androgen blockers you are on? I wonder what mechanism would cause kava to help with hot flashes.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hot flashes are the worse
Usually would get them when I'd put my jacket on with scarf and mitts and multi-layers and go out and start the car in 10F. About 2 minutes later it would start. About 5 minutes before the car would be warm. Fun fun fun.

btw, Shellie McKrunkface and I are in the middle of the mitt. If you are ever up this way stop by and you could sample a few strains. We always have plenty.

Rachel Mills

Kava Curious
Usually would get them when I'd put my jacket on with scarf and mitts and multi-layers and go out and start the car in 10F. About 2 minutes later it would start. About 5 minutes before the car would be warm. Fun fun fun.

btw, Shellie McKrunkface and I are in the middle of the mitt. If you are ever up this way stop by and you could sample a few strains. We always have plenty.
Sounds like a plan to me And thanks so much for your wisdom

VictoriousSpoon

Kava Curious
I would try and sample various kavas before buying anything in bulk. You don't want to end up with kilos of something, only to later discover another cultivar that fits you much better.

While there are definitely trends in how people respond to various cultivars, our individual physiologies vary enough that two people can have markedly differing effects from the same cultivar, as you'll soon discover as you read reviews on older threads (in addition to trying yourself). Try smaller volume orders and the sampler packs many vendors offer, and see which ones you like the most. The same cultivars can vary quite a bit between vendors and batches.

Last edited: