What's new

Recommendations please

Rachel Mills

Kava Curious
I would try and sample various kavas before buying anything in bulk. You don't want to end up with kilos of something, only to later discover another cultivar that fits you much better.

While there are definitely trends in how people respond to various cultivars, our individual physiologies vary enough that two people can have markedly differing effects from the same cultivar, as you'll soon discover as you read reviews on older threads (in addition to trying yourself). Try smaller volume orders and the sampler packs many vendors offer, and see which ones you like the most. The same cultivars can vary quite a bit between vendors and batches.
Thanks I think that's what I will do next time I order

INeedToChill

Stay Golden, Ponyboy
There's also a thread up at the very top of this main thread that says "I want a heavy/heady/mixed kava" and it's nothing but people asking questions like this. You should probably look through that, you'll probably get some awesome advice there too! :joyful: I love browsing the threads at the top cause there's just much info. Good luck!! :happy:
Edit to add: I want the exact same type of kava you want, so if you find anything perfect, let me know!! I drank some KWK Boronguru last night, and I slept like an exhausted baby. I usually wake up a few times during the night, but last night was straight sleep. My head hit the pillow, next thing was the alarm going off. And my muscles are still relaxed this morning. Highly recommend!

Rachel Mills

Kava Curious
I'm writing these down so I can check them out and how bout this we can keep each other updated if we find anything good Thanks for the recommendation my new Kava buddy

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Kalm with kava really is a great choice especially for newer folks imo. Their kava is very well curated and they are potentially one of the most trustworthy vendors. For price, their borogu is under $50 a lb. It's a strong strain with a little energy but pain and anxiety relief too. It's a nice kava for a social "buzz." Vula Waka is out of stock but it's my favorite from kwk. That one is probably the best for anxiety. It's calm and euphoric, perfect for dialing down anxiety or destressing after a long day. You can't go wrong with Kalm with kava.