What's new

Recommendations

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
Hey everybody! I was hoping to get some recommendations as to who to order my next bit of kava from. The last kava I have tried was Melo Melo and koniak from Bula. They were both very potent and rocked my world several times. I am wanting to get a 1/2 lbs of kava that is more heady/euphoric/creativity inducing and another 1/2 pound of something deeply relaxing. Any thoughts?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Welcome! You'll get recommendations all across the board from members here. If you're looking to stay with Bula kava house, their nambawan is very heady and overall a top notch kava. If you're looking to try a different vendor I'd suggest Gourmet Hawaiian Kava. GHK showcases some of the best Hawaiian varieties offered on the net. I personally found their moi to be extremely heady.

Anyways, again welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay with us and never hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply. I tried kava for the first time years ago in college. I realized the potential but due to inexperience, poor quality root and the reverse tolerance I didn't break through. Fast forward to a year and a half ago. I tried the same kava from same source. Also bought kava extract pills. A few of the pills combined with an instant kava drink was enough for me to break through for the first time. Then the kava went to the back of my closet where it sat until this last August. I pulled it out and proceeded to mix 3 tablespoons into a glass of milk and slammed it. I was hit by the complete relaxation that kava can impart. Kava had finally opened up to me. Then of course the Melo Melo and Koniak were ordered and consumed. Then another break from kava. I am coming back to it with an open mind/heart and hope to build an even better relationship with this special root.

LoGun4340

Kava Curious
Moi from GHK has been my second experience with kava in root powder form. Great taste and strength. I would highly recommend this for your heady option.

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
Well I have so many vendors to try I now have a queue in my mind.:rolleyes: I just ordered 1 lbs of borogu from Kalm with Kava. Also picked up a bottle of their concentrate for my girlfriend to try (and for when I am too lazy to squeeze up a batch lol). Will be trying the Hawaiian vendor in the near future. I might need to sample some Nakamal at Home products before that though. I will be going to Florida in February and although Boca Raton is more than three hours away from where I will be staying, it well may be worth hitting the bar for a night on the town! I have an interest in instant kava for those times I may want an extra shell at the end of a session but do not want to make up an entire batch. Anyone enjoy the instant kavas from Nakamal? I have read that the quality differs from batch to batch. Also, I see that Bula Kava House also has an instant now on the market. Anyone tried this yet?

D

Deleted User01

The only instant I have tried is the Nene, Mahakean, Papa Ele ele, and Moi . All from @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava. They are all good and the latest batches with the extra lateral roots make them way potent. But you are right, instant is perfect for a hassle free nitecap.