What's new

Reducing Stomach upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
Haven't enjoyed my past few kava sessions due to stomach upset. Is there a way to minimize stoamch upset? I find it takes a lot of water I usually fill aluball maybe 1 TBPS to 1.5 or so then I do a double wash on that so if I want to do like 5-6 TBPS it ends up being ALOT of water so maybe that it also making it worse for me? I've always had a bit of stomach upset but i usually end up having to take something for the heartburn and I just feel naucious. Maybe trying traditional prep is better? Or am I prepping wrong with aluball?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Haven't enjoyed my past few kava sessions due to stomach upset. Is there a way to minimize stoamch upset? I find it takes a lot of water I usually fill aluball maybe 1 TBPS to 1.5 or so then I do a double wash on that so if I want to do like 5-6 TBPS it ends up being ALOT of water so maybe that it also making it worse for me? I've always had a bit of stomach upset but i usually end up having to take something for the heartburn and I just feel naucious. Maybe trying traditional prep is better? Or am I prepping wrong with aluball?
If you think the water is an issue try traditional prep. You can definitly make it stronger than the aluball with less water. Although many have tried the double aluball and had good results.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I agree with the water thing. Also, I've been recently taking a couple buffered salt supplements called ThermoTabs during sessions. For me, they seem to reduce bloat a bit and help dehydration. Even though you're downing a lot of fluids, perhaps mild dehydration could be contributing to your stomach upset?

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
This is why I had to get away from the Aluball (although I think its a great device). I was ending up with to much liquid. I was running two balls each with 2 tbsp and would do two washes. Then in order to get the potency I was after would have to run another identical setup. It ended up being to much liquid for me to to get down comfortably. Maybe I could of gotten by with less liquid in each of the washes.....I don't know.

I've now switched over to micro and can get a good strong grog with minimal liquid. I'm to lazy to do traditional prep each day but those did come out quite strong without to much liquid when I was making them.

Status
Not open for further replies.