What's new

Right Amount

Rishi678

Kava Curious
How long did it take you guys to figure out the optimal amount to drink over an evening without any side effects?

I find that I hit an optimal amount then a part of me wants to keep drinking, even though I know I shouldn't.

Anyone else have this? hehe its not horrible and I have enough self control to stop drinking but the impulse is there and just wondering if other people find it hard to find out the right amount to drink to maximize the positives and reduce the negatives of kava?

I am finding right now 3 tablespoons of micro is perfect without any negative side effects. I can drink a little more but the negative side effects become apparent at that point.

Anyways, kava is delicious and I am enjoying the effects more over time. Even the next day effects seem to be more enjoyable over time.

Cheers!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I've been at it for a few years, and I'm still working on it. Lately I've stopped using kava throughout the night and just have some before shutting off all the electronics (which for me is around 12). I can easily go through 1-2 cups of root in a night, but I've found that messing around on the computer or watching TV can dull the experience, so I only need 1/2 cup or so this way. For me, the only side effect that bothers me is dermopathy, so I'm trying to get down to the point where I can drink daily and still avoid it.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
A long time man. I stop eating in the afternoon these days, go to bed around 12, so probably about 8-9 hours. From my past experience, I think about 4 hours is the right amount of fasting for maximum effects, anything more than that is just a result of my odd eating habits.

Rishi678

Kava Curious
Cool man thanks a lot! I might experiment with an earlier dinner and a cup or two 4 hours later instead of drinking before dinner.

blindy107

Kava Lover
I enjoy eating after kava myself. It's part of my "ritual".

But I will agree with @kavadude on the electronics effect on my krunk, I have been noticing that lately as well. It seems to almost cap my experience off at a lower level whereas, when just lounging or doing something lightly social, I can push it to a higher state.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I enjoy eating after kava myself. It's part of my "ritual".

But I will agree with @kavadude on the electronics effect on my krunk, I have been noticing that lately as well. It seems to almost cap my experience off at a lower level whereas, when just lounging or doing something lightly social, I can push it to a higher state.
I too enjoy eating after my kava. I usually wait about an hour before allowing the munchies to take over. Much love Roaddog...

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I don't wait with eating, but if I haven't eaten in a while and have the choice to drink kava now or eat first, I usually drink the kava. I also eat during my session a little. Generally food/kava don't seem to have much bearing on each other. Having some tasty snacks while you're blissed out on kava is definitely a plus, though!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I don't wait with eating, but if I haven't eaten in a while and have the choice to drink kava now or eat first, I usually drink the kava. I also eat during my session a little. Generally food/kava don't seem to have much bearing on each other. Having some tasty snacks while you're blissed out on kava is definitely a plus, though!
Have you tried eating something super hot and greasy afterwards? Some people swear by it.