What's new

Root of Happiness Kava

Devilstompa

Kava Curious
Hello I am new to kava, I have had fibromyalgia & other problems for 6 years now. I went to a kava bar around where i live and drank some kava and
almost all of my pain and anxiety was gone was an amazing feeling but im trying to figure out which kind i had, I asked the person who served it to me and they said it was a limited batch and on there website they only have 2 limited batches a Vanuatu which is 50% Lateral root and a Fijian 100% Lateral root.
When i drank it the effects only took 15 mins to hit and also got a body high from it. I just need some help figuring out what kind of kava can do that thank you.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Probably 100% lateral (waka). If it was primarily body effects, that would be the more likely choice. Potency (KL%) and chemotype play a bigger role in finding that kind of kava.

Devilstompa

Kava Curious
Probably 100% lateral (waka). If it was primarily body effects, that would be the more likely choice. Potency (KL%) and chemotype play a bigger role in finding that kind of kava.
Thank you very much. Im new to kava so im trying to still figure things out.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
The Fijian 100% Lateral Root is a chemotype of 461.
6 aka Methysticin is theorized to be a stronger 'body high' kavalactone. (It's counterpart DiHydroMethysticin #5, definitely is) Not much is known about #1 but #4 is the most popular kavalactone because it's fast acting and pleasantly uplifting.

I've had two bags from RoH, one of which was that limited edition Fiji...unfortunately both batches were kinda old and lacked the potency required for me to be enthusiastic about them. I'd still suggest you give it a try.

Devilstompa

Kava Curious
Thats what i was thinking but i didnt see K@ on there menu when i was there. Is it pose able that they put K@ in it ? Im wondering if they do ?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hello I am new to kava, I have had fibromyalgia & other problems for 6 years now. I went to a kava bar around where i live and drank some kava and
almost all of my pain and anxiety was gone was an amazing feeling but im trying to figure out which kind i had, I asked the person who served it to me and they said it was a limited batch and on there website they only have 2 limited batches a Vanuatu which is 50% Lateral root and a Fijian 100% Lateral root.
When i drank it the effects only took 15 mins to hit and also got a body high from it. I just need some help figuring out what kind of kava can do that thank you.
Welcome!!
Where is a kava bar in cow town??

verticity

I'm interested in things
Thats what i was thinking but i didnt see K@ on there menu when i was there. Is it pose able that they put K@ in it ? Im wondering if they do ?
@Deleted User mentioned once there were reports of ROH selling it under the table. I don't know if that is true. But even if they do, it is highly unlikely they would put it in kava without your knowledge.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
@Deleted User mentioned once there were reports of ROH selling it under the table. I don't know if that is true. But even if they do, it is highly unlikely they would put it in kava without your knowledge.
I actually visted the Davis location a couple of weeks ago. I sent an email to Tyler after my visit hoping to speak to him about it but haven't received a response yet and since its come up, I'll address this issue. They do serve K@ and its not listed on the menu, rather they sell a "3 tea blend" which after ordering I found out to be Yerba Mate, K@, and (Black tea?). Not entirely happy with the selling of K@ and not even listing it in a drink they're serving but it was a nice bar.

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I actually visted the Davis location a couple of weeks ago. I sent an email to Tyler after my visit hoping to speak to him about it but haven't received a response yet and since its come up, I'll address this issue. They do serve K@ and its not listed on the menu, rather they sell a "3 tea blend" which after ordering I found out to be Yerba Mate, K@, and (Black tea?). Not entirely happy with the selling of K@ and not even listing it but it was a nice bar.
That doesn't look that comfortable to me, more sofas needed!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Kalm with Kava Mike, by the way, you liked a page on facebook about a bar in Austin, Texas I think? Anyway they made a big deal of mentioning that they sell kava "on tap". A friend of mine wants to know is that just normal kava served through some kind of normal bar tap equipment or is there something special behind it? A friend of mine wants to open a kava bar in the Philippines and was interested in the "on tap" idea. Thanks.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
@Kalm with Kava Mike, by the way, you liked a page on facebook about a bar in Austin, Texas I think? Anyway they made a big deal of mentioning that they sell kava "on tap". A friend of mine wants to know is that just normal kava served through some kind of normal bar tap equipment or is there something special behind it? A friend of mine wants to open a kava bar in the Philippines and was interested in the "on tap" idea. Thanks.
Yes, from what I understand a couple other bars are doing it as well. Just filling up a standard mini-keg with traditionally prepared kava and pressuring with CO2. IMO the logistics would still need to be figured out to produce a consistent beverage though such as rolling the keg every hour?

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yes, from what I understand a couple other bars are doing it as well. Just filling up a standard mini-keg with traditionally prepared kava and pressuring with CO2. IMO the logistics would still need to be figured out to produce a consistent beverage though such as rolling the keg every hour?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Ok thanks! :)

Yes, you would think you'd have to handle the sediment somehow?