What's new

Root of Happiness Kava

verticity

I'm interested in things
...They do serve K@ and its not listed on the menu, rather they sell a "3 tea blend" which after ordering I found out to be Yerba Mate, K@, and (Black tea?). ...
When you say "...found out to be..." do you mean they told you what it was after you ordered? Did you have to ask what it was? In other words, if you didn't ask what it was, could you have drank it unknowingly, just thinking you were drinking tea?

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
Everyone's body reacts differently to different kavas. I have fibromyalgia as well. The ones that have helped me the most are Loa Waka from Kalm with Kava and Papa Kea from GHK. Papa Kea is my top pick. I've read that some bars mix K@ and kava together. Whatever you drank, just know that kava can help.

verticity

I'm interested in things
6 aka Methysticin is theorized to be a stronger 'body high' kavalactone. (It's counterpart DiHydroMethysticin #5, definitely is) Not much is known about #1 but #4 is the most popular kavalactone because it's fast acting and pleasantly uplifting.

I've had two bags from RoH, one of which was that limited edition Fiji...unfortunately both batches were kinda old and lacked the potency required for me to be enthusiastic about them. I'd still suggest you give it a try.
Desmethoxyyangonin FTW!

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
When you say "...found out to be..." do you mean they told you what it was after you ordered? Did you have to ask what it was? In other words, if you didn't ask what it was, could you have drank it unknowingly, just thinking you were drinking tea?
Yes. I had to specifically ask what was in it after ordering. I am fairly certain I would have drank it without knowing.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Desmethoxyyangonin FTW!
I was really hoping to get a feel for DMY in that batch, but it was too mild to judge. I don't even fully trust CoA's since I've seen stuff get tested at different places and return different results. So I don't even know if the DMY content really was that high.

I'd very much like to try some weird chemotypes like: 412xxx, 142, 416, 415 ... I've definitely seen some weird DMY heavy stuff in Lebot's book.

Devilstompa

Kava Curious
Im taking the limited batch Fijian Kava from ROH and Im still not getting the effects like at the bar. Im only using around 6 to 7 grams tho.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Im taking the limited batch Fijian Kava from ROH and Im still not getting the effects like at the bar. Im only using around 6 to 7 grams tho.
this is a very small amount of kava. most people would probably start with 3-4 tablespoons (at ~7 gram per tbsp 21-28 grams)

Devilstompa

Kava Curious
Ive been trying the Fijian kava from ROH and still am not getting the effects like at the bar. Im using almost 4 tbsp very little effects. Either im not using enough or there putting something else in with there kava.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
They may be making it stronger than what you are, or there may be something else in it. If you are doing traditional prep you need to knead the kava for at least five minutes. I usually do two washes this way. Use hot water out of your tap and let it sit a few minutes and then start kneading. You may want to add more kava as well. Everyone is different and some people need more to feel the effects than others. Also it may not be the right kava for you. Maybe you should try a different brand?

Devilstompa

Kava Curious
The feeling i got was a body high and it hit about 15 to 20mins after i had the kava at the bar. My whole body was numb and i felt a bit dizzy and it lasted for about 2 to 3 hours. Im shure kava can do this just have to figure it out.